PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners PID to log Boost in PSI? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, maybe you arent getting where the baro value comes from. The Map sensor takes an external snapshot, not internal, and I am not talking about when the engine is running. Key on. I can go get a text book and use several excerpts from it to tell you in text book form if you wish.

You may bee 100% sure on your car that it was that, but look back at the logs. You will see. What is the KPA when you key on? Every time 100 kpa on ever day whether rain or shine or cold or hot is not very probable.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont keep a lot of logs on my computer as theres just not a need to keep every log....

just opened 9 or 10 of them... all of them with a Key on, engine not running situation...
all read 100 kpa at that point.....all different vehicles, all different days...
Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I opened 5 logs from 5 different cars. I got one was 102 kpa. One was 101. One fluctuated from 101 to 100. One was 100. And the other was 89. In your defense, I did look at other logs and they were 100 mostly, which is why I can understand your confusion, but I can tell you its not always 100.

I usually pull logs where I intentionally read the kpa with key on, so I can see if the car hits that target at wot. If not then I know something is wrong.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to keep the thread going off topic like this, but I believe this info is somewhat relative to the conversation.

From this website
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/es/science/lc/.../Pressure.html

Typically, any barometric pressure measurement that you hear (radio, TV) represnts a
value that has been corrected to a value relative to sea level. Why is this? For one thing,
it's a means of standardizing data. Barometric pressures are typically similar for a
very large regional area (unless a storm is approaching),
but there are pressure differences based on altitude,
which can change dramatically over a very small distance.

Its just like running a car on a dyno then correcting the numbers to SAE or STD. Most people know to ask if the dyno is corrected and they are satisfied. Most people do not know that the baro is corrected as well.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont even know where to start this thing should of came with a book! Hell took me 2 weeks just to get it working. All I want to do is get it to read boost, and get my MPH to read 60 instead of 10mph. Where is PID? How you go to it? im not sure I can make changes, no idea where to start!!!

Quick Reply: HPTuners PID to log Boost in PSI? Anyone?