Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my "abs inop, brake, asr off lights came on!!! help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my "abs inop, brake, asr off lights came on!!! help

i have been with this problem for a few days now. everytime after i drive for about 25 minutes my asr off, brake and abs inop lights come on on my dashboard. what the hell is this??? is there a bad connector? fuse?? where do i look ??? differential?? dashboard?? where is all the abs, traction control connections or fuses at?? can anybody help????????????????????????????????????/
Old 03-26-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock wheels and tires? are rear wheels different diameter than the front wheels?

Whenever I drive my car w/skinnies up front and slicks in back my car does this too ...

When all these lights come on the computer's sensing different speeds from the various wheels so it goes whacky and shuts the whole system down...

If you're stock wheels and tires... check air pressure in all the tires and if 1 tire is exteremely bald and rest are fine perhaps that can cause it too

Finally... there is a wheel speed sensor on each wheel (4 channel cars each wheel, 3 channel cars (w/out TCS/ASR) 1 on each front wheel and 1 on the pumpkin I believe) ... make sure they're all attached and the wires are all ok
Old 03-26-2004, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the ABS inop light check the connections on the inside of the wheels. I had one disconnect once and the ABS INOP light came on. It is located right behind the wheel. Hope that helps.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have stock wheels 17 inch zr1s and same size tires all around 275 40 zr17. however, my back tires are bf goodrich drag radials and my fronts are yokohamas. my fronts are brand new and my back tires are about 5k miles old, but they are still in good shape. i noticed that this happened to me two weeks ago when i was trying to race someone from a roll and as punched it then all the lights came on. however, like i said ealier when i turn my car off and start it again then the lights go off, but after driving around for about 20 minutes then the lights come back on.