PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help on my car for tunning

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i called and talk to frost and he wasnt really able to help. he wanted me to bring the car back down for him to look at it and thats not happening cost me 80 bucks in fuel to take the car down there plus him tunning it again. my friend has a good idea of what the problem is so imma let him tinker with it this weekend and see if we can figure it out
Old 06-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Skull, it is ironic that when you came to me in Frederick, I told you I didn't think there was much to be gained in the tune. I could have took your money. Now you go to Frost, get tuned, and your MPH is no better than it was before. Not taking anything away from Frost, he is my buddy. But, "I told you so" is all I can come up with.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Banned

Just want to clarify. I'm not giving you a hard time, only reiterating the point I made when you came to me in Frederick. I thought there wasn't much let in the tune. Your MPH after your tune is evidence of that. Nothing against Frost, he's my buddy, my friend.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

I tuned it to start with. Basicly going off the narrow bands then later on he got a wideband and then tailored afr some. I thought it was a waste for him to pay you to add a degree of thiming that I had in it and then pulled out. Imo it was a waste of money for him to see steve. But yea steve made a few more hp all over. But after tuning a lot more cars then I can imagine that's expected. Don't get twisted I'm not saying I'm a great tuner by any means. And I've asked you ed some questions and I stay in touch with steve. Well I try to but he's too busy for me = ( lol. But in jesses eyes the car has yet to do what he wants it to. And he won't stop till it does. But I do belive it can go 10s stock internal.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It trap the same mph because of the issue I ran into while at the track. Another friend said he knows what the problem is so Imma take it up to him this weekend and hang out and let him mess with it. But also I wasn't running in the best conditions either to gain much over the last time I had the car out. 70 couple degrees and 56% humidity. But it trap the same mph as the last time out with the issue so there is alot to see once the car is running right. But time will tell.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ill do my best to try to describe/explain the problem.

When you do high rpm 5500+ shifts very fast. You come off the gas, grab a gear and release the clutch and then stomp on the gas, it hesitates and takes a second to go. It happen on all shifts for me and 2 shifts for Bad6as. But the weird thing is I experience the same thing during no lift shifts on the streets. My friend said it has to do with the 1514 table because on the way home from the track I got that code for the tb.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bad6as
I tuned it to start with. Basicly going off the narrow bands then later on he got a wideband and then tailored afr some. I thought it was a waste for him to pay you to add a degree of thiming that I had in it and then pulled out. Imo it was a waste of money for him to see steve. But yea steve made a few more hp all over. But after tuning a lot more cars then I can imagine that's expected. Don't get twisted I'm not saying I'm a great tuner by any means. And I've asked you ed some questions and I stay in touch with steve. Well I try to but he's too busy for me = ( lol. But in jesses eyes the car has yet to do what he wants it to. And he won't stop till it does. But I do belive it can go 10s stock internal.
I thought it was a waste for him to pay me too. That's why I told him what I did. Pretty much anyone could have made a few more HP overall, not taking anything away from Steve. The tune wasn't bad at all. There was not sufficient enough gains for me to justify taking his money.

That car does not have the HP in it for a high 10. Not the way it sits.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I thought it was a waste for him to pay me too. That's why I told him what I did. Pretty much anyone could have made a few more HP overall, not taking anything away from Steve. The tune wasn't bad at all. There was not sufficient enough gains for me to justify taking his money.

That car does not have the HP in it for a high 10. Not the way it sits.

the reason i took it to steve is because bad6as doesnt no how to tune a maf. and the tune could use a little more work. i wanted to put a name with the tuner because for a little while i was trying to sell the car so i wanted a known name for a tuner instead of telling a buyer. yea my buddy tuned it and everything is great.

and i will make this car go tens with just bolt ons if it is the last thing i do

Quick Reply: need help on my car for tunning