PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT erasing PIDs/histograms when they're unsupported.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPT erasing PIDs/histograms when they're unsupported.

I've had this problem before and asked on HPT but never get any answers, but this past weekend I finished up my fuel system fix, adjusted the pressure and setup my correction factors and histograms. Plug it in, start the car, hit connect, hit record and bam........... everything I setup goes grey and says "Unsupported parameter." hit record again to stop and look through to try and see what was off, go into my configure user defined and everything is gone.

I'm really getting tired of this. About to sell this damn setup and get EFI Live, the way I SHOULD HAVE gone in the first place.

My wideband is through my EGR and works. -Changes so fast I can't tell if it's off at all, but reads the same as my LC1. My Airfuel Ratio Commanded High Res works, and my wideband shows up as [USER.9004] so I've been using that in the function strings..

WTF!? This is just really pissing me off and now I remember why I put this down last time and lost motivation for it. Car is running 10.5 at WOT now so I've got some correcting to do.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Post the config (may have to host it on HPTuners forum) and maybe a log.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah definitely pretty hard to help without the config file, the vcm scanner.cfg file that stores your custom pids, and a scanner log.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Veteran

How do I host through HPT boards?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you append .zip on the end of the filename you should be able to upload it here (in a reply to this thread).
Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Got it. Converted with RAR. That's just the config file. I have a running recording, but may not show much. Was just an idle diag.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
7 May 2012.zip (1.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Veteran

file posted.. I know I have to clean up the scanner, overall. Gonna pay with it tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey dude dont know if this will help, but it may help someone... i lost all my pids as well.. no real reason for losing them?? anyways what i did was go to the vcm scanner.cfg file, then right click and reverted it to a backed up copy using windows 7. bam all my custom pids were back. no ****** clue why hptuners deleted them??? pissed me off though. i backed that file up now.

if you have windows 7 just type "vcm scanner.cfg" into where it says search for files at the start button.. then right click the file that comes up hit properties and it should list an option up top to restore the file to a previous date.

worked for me, now im not as pissed lol..

Quick Reply: HPT erasing PIDs/histograms when they're unsupported.