PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frost is a fraud to some

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back to Frost for a moment. I called him yesterday morning and he answered all of my questions concerning my mail order tune. He told me to call him if I have anymore questions and I have no dought that he would pickup the phone and answer them IMO.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte4ever
Back to Frost for a moment. I called him yesterday morning and he answered all of my questions concerning my mail order tune. He told me to call him if I have anymore questions and I have no dought that he would pickup the phone and answer them IMO.
Did he answer on the first ring though? If not...OMG!
Ha.. Im j/k
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you made it simple to understand

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
Been around for many decades. The process in which it is done (mechanical or electronic) makes no difference, the end result should be the same.

Some people just dont understand.. and then they point fingers at others because of their own lack of understanding.

Yes , spot on. it took me like 2000 hours to get a decent understanding of how it all has to come together. Then i found out it's not worth all the effort. I would rather just pay the man. Soooo much cheaper.
mike
Old 07-30-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 for Frost
Great tuner, hard to get a hold of
Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Let me start out by saying Steve is a very good friend of mine, and the only person I will ever trust to tune my car. He has played a huge roll in the build process and even a bigger role in all of the trouble shooting that comes along with such a build.

What we have here is one person telling one side of a story. To sit here and honestly believe we are being told every detail (which yes, is that important when it comes to tuning a setup like this) is just wrong. Calling ANYONE a fraud is a bold statement, but attempting to smack someone like Steve with that label is not only incorrect, but just humorous.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't believe this conversation is still going.

Reminds me of the easy button commercial. Push this button and your car will be tuned perfectly by us no matter what you built.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by zo6 vett
Yes , spot on. it took me like 2000 hours to get a decent understanding of how it all has to come together. Then i found out it's not worth all the effort. I would rather just pay the man. Soooo much cheaper.
mike
2000 hours? Wow, it didn't take me anywhere near that long to learn tuning lol. You talk about licensing for "calibration engineers", I call BS. I tune on the side and solely on the side. I have no interest in getting your "license" to allow me to tune cars. I would adventure to say that little to none of the side tuners like myself would want such as that.

As for Frost, I have not had dealings with him personally, but know several that have and I've heard nothing but good about him.

If only there was an easy button for tuning lol.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Yep, surprised this is even still here/open. I can vouch for Frost that when I PM'ed him questions (me being a newbie to tuning) he was helpful and knowledgeable. Do frauds act that way when they have nothing to gain? Doubtful. OP has no credibility here as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Default 2040 in work year

Originally Posted by Hemi2Slo
2000 hours? Wow, it didn't take me anywhere near that long to learn tuning lol. You talk about licensing for "calibration engineers", I call BS. I tune on the side and solely on the side. I have no interest in getting your "license" to allow me to tune cars. I would adventure to say that little to none of the side tuners like myself would want such as that.

As for Frost, I have not had dealings with him personally, but know several that have and I've heard nothing but good about him.

If only there was an easy button for tuning lol.
nope,
I took that time to figure out that the component parts to needed where vast and the tools necessary are many. The Dyno alone is so complicated that i needed to buy four different types just to get it.. To really understand how it controls load and which type is best suited . I did find out that each cell like each car is different. Software to tune every car on the planet is another issue. With each of these sub systems the software and controllers are all different. Think of it like the differences between Apple and Android, both work but just differently. In short I just want to build the standardized tools to make it easier to get the same thing done. It is way to fragmented.

Mike

Ps: with 2040 hrs. in a work year. This is not much time. When you clock your time you build value in it's worth.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

I used Bryan from PCM4Less, tune was shipped next day. He also tuned my LT1 Caprice...nothing but good things to say.

Surprised to see someone not happy with Frost, but hey-- you can't please everybody. Go get a dyno tune if you want a dead on tune...
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by whiteboycntdnce
Let me start out by saying Steve is a very good friend of mine, and the only person I will ever trust to tune my car. He has played a huge roll in the build process and even a bigger role in all of the trouble shooting that comes along with such a build.

What we have here is one person telling one side of a story. To sit here and honestly believe we are being told every detail (which yes, is that important when it comes to tuning a setup like this) is just wrong. Calling ANYONE a fraud is a bold statement, but attempting to smack someone like Steve with that label is not only incorrect, but just humorous.
Exactly Tim, we have 1 side of the story.

Quick Reply: Frost is a fraud to some