Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems =\

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coils

Ok So i changed out the plugs, wires, new vette o2, car ran like a champ. Got hard on it and cyl 8 Misfire. So i was like eh, better then the multiple
p0300 code. I limped it home on 7 cyl's, looked at the new spark plug wire, new spark plug, etc. Checked continuity on spark wire, bank wires, etc. All good. So i ran the car, it came up again. Took it back home, switched the coil #8 to #1, now I have a random misfire again, FML! so I looked on ebay and saw Herko truck coil packs NEW for 12.00 each. I would think it would be in the same specs as any other and has a 1 year warrenty. What you think? Im leaning my problems on possibly a bad coil or 2 so I guess ill replace all 8 and for that price, why not. What you guys think? Cheap enough...
Old 03-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Solved!!

Ok so. The car was up in Michigan for a couple years, mostly in storage. I guess during that time, Condensation was getting into the Oil Catch can, filling it up with water and oil to the top. Apparently my car was sucking it into the Intake Manifold, fouling spark plugs and mixture!....WTF. I drained the can, cleaned it out and it runs like a champ. Going to check the spark plugs to see if any got messed up before I figured this out. Atleast its fixed and all is well!

Quick Reply: Problems =\