Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those that have orded LS1Edit

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question for those that have orded LS1Edit

I'm ready to place my order. I've filled out their order form and the survey. The order form never asks for your VIN... So how is the software vin locked?

Or do they ask for that later?

Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 01:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer your question - your VIN is recognized and "married" to the cable when it is connected and reads the PCM.

To ask a question - why order LS1 Edit? There is a new product available from HP Tuners that has the same editing capabilities and also includes a scanner. You will need to purchase a scanner to use LS1 Edit. I made another post today citing some differences between the two products - you might want to check it out.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

I'm purchasing LS1Edit because that's the only program the shop uses that's going to Dyno tune my car. So it's really my only choice. If HPTuners is that much better, I'll eventually trade up. But for now. I just need to get my car tuned.

Thanks for the info...
Old 04-19-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wait a minute, a shop is going to make you buy LS1 Edit to let them tune your car? :umm:

I hope they are not charging you any labor costs....
Old 04-19-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Nah.. there are no labor costs...

It was either I could give them the money to order it, or I could order it myself. Since I'm getting it as a gift. I obviously ordered it myself.

I hope the $450 price tag is worth it..

Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

"your VIN is recognized and "married" to the cable when it is connected and reads the PCM."
I do not think you vin is married when you read your PCM , only MARRIED when you reflash ( program ) your PCM , also I do not think you can get EDIT FOR $450.00 , but will cost $ 550.00, I am happy at 550. + 150 to add my son's 5.3
I stand to be corrected if I mis stated ant thing
good luck Johnny
Old 04-19-2004, 03:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SS SLP2
"your VIN is recognized and "married" to the cable when it is connected and reads the PCM."
I do not think you vin is married when you read your PCM , only MARRIED when you reflash ( program ) your PCM , also I do not think you can get EDIT FOR $450.00 , but will cost $ 550.00, I am happy at 550. + 150 to add my son's 5.3
I stand to be corrected if I mis stated ant thing
good luck Johnny
Carputing is currently offering a $100 discount if you fill out a brief survey. Therefore the cost is $450. This is in response to no longer having a monopoly on the market.

I have used both and speak from experience when I say that HP Tuners is a superior product, from a superior vendor. With HP Tuners the read and flash time is considerably faster (read ~2 minutes, flash ~20 seconds). There are a few tables in HP Tuners that are not in Edit. I have only found 1 table in edit that is not in HP Tuners, but it is being added to softare updates in the near future. HP Tuners also has a scanner. To properly tune with Edit you will need another program to scan. HP Tuners is also a sponser, and the customer service is great. The customer service at Carputing sucks!!

Do I see enough difference to warrant a change if you already have Edit - no. However, if you're purchasing this type of software for the first time it just makes much more sense to go with HP Tuners.

Last edited by Pacific Muscle Cars; 04-19-2004 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I can't imagine how many orders HP Tuners would get if they offered a 'competitive upgrade' deal. If they offered a 98 version in conjunction, I'd be all over that. It's wonderful to have a responsive team working on the product to enhance it, instead of Ken & Dave's Holier than Thou attitude.