PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think i made a mistake buying a diablo intune

Old 05-31-2013, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think i made a mistake buying a diablo intune

so i ended up having a diablo Intune over nighted so i could change my axle ratio and correct my speedometer before a road trip.

I got the device, and went about following directions. It has the latest firm ware, and did not need an update.

The device does not offer any tunes other than "diablo tune" I was expecting to have the option for 87, 91, and possibly to ad in for aftermarket intake and exhaust.

I also was under the impression i could kill skip shift with it, and i can not find the option to do so.

I wanted to change from the factory 3.42 ratio to the recently installed 4.10's, and i can not do that either.

I was on hold for a long time trying to get help, and finally got a person. The response was, "email me your tune files, and i will send you one for your gears"

Thats all well and good, unless you buy a tuner, being told it will do all these things, and it doesnt. I want the intune to work as advertised. I dont need "shift firmness" adjustments on my M6 car, i need gear ratio adjustments, and skip shift killing ability.

If i have to email tunes back and forth, use a PC, and wait for replys, why the hell do i have a hand held tuner.....?

not impressed at all.

Any help or input welcome!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, this thing is a piece of ****, and is getting returned to Summit racing monday.

None of the OBD2 functions are available for this car either. This is total horse ****.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

none of the OBD functions would be available on the predator either... that emissions functionality was removed many many years ago due to EPA regulations....

as for the CAGS and gear ratio, yes those options should be in there for that car, so it sounds like they need to do an update to the tool/tunes to get that back in there...

and for that car, as the documentation says, "not all tunes/adjustable parameters are available on all vehicles"... no there would be no 87 tune, heh... an 87 octane tune is for trucks only... it would have a Performance Tune which is made for 91+ octane gas... and there are no cold air intake specific tunes either for any GM vehicle - they are not needed for GM's since you can adjust the fueling yourself.... the dodge/ford guys can't do that, so that's why they have cai-specific tunes on theirs...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-01-2013, 11:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about the missing params but we'll get you squared away with a tune monday morning.

As Lew mentioned, the obdii functions menu has not yet been enabled nor is it advertised to do anything...its a future enhancement.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

I've hooked it up to a pc, and updated it, tried reloading the tune and it takes the tune, but it does not show a gear ratio selection. If I have to put email tunes in it to change it and its still not available in the menu for me to change at will... Then I'm not going to be happy with this unit.

Last edited by HYPEracing; 06-02-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We can get that added for your specific cal, and if you change your gears again, before its fixed, I'll send you as many custom tunes as you ask for to make it right...
Old 06-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Its already boxed up, with there return label on the box.

Not interested in having to reprogram and mess with a tuner that's supposed to work with my car out of the box. Its a headache that I don't want to deal with.

I guess that's what happens "with one size fits all" devices.

I've read so many reviews and complaints on the in tune, and so many people fighting to get it to work right, that I'm totally not interested in going round and round to get it right.

I appreciate the offers to try and fix this, but I just don't have the patience.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...need-know.html

No. That's what happens when you ask ??, after you order something....
Old 06-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...need-know.html

No. That's what happens when you ask ??, after you order something....
There were phone calls to both diablo, and summit before placing the order for the in tune.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think i made a mistake buying a diablo intune