Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How the heck to I enable/disable VATS with hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How the heck to I enable/disable VATS with hp tuners

I've read many threads on how to do this and everyone says its super simple and there is a drop down box to enable/disable. Where is this setting?!? I've looked everywhere. All I can find is "relink VATS" under the flash drop down box and thats it. Or am I over thinking this and that is it. But I hit "relink VATS" and it said it completed but then shouldnt it say "unlink VATS" or something if its linked.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Its under system, general
Old 10-04-2013, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Oh wow. I looked everywhere but there. Figured that was only for AC and fans. Thanks a lot
Old 10-04-2013, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Be sure to do a "write entire" not just a "write calibration" or it may not take. I have had this happen a time or two...

T,
Old 10-04-2013, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

Well i bought the car with it turned off and I'm trying to get it turned back on. Only reason being is I'd like to be able to use the key fob. But it's not working. I changed it from none to pwm then did the 30 seconds key off, then on, then off and it didn't work. Then i hit relink vats then did the same 30 seconds process and it's still not working. Do i need to select "serial" in the drop down? Or is something else not letting me.

Also the door lock button won't work. When i press the button or use the key fob i hear clicking under the dash but nothing happens. Also other things don't work like interior lights.

The computer is out of a truck but i changed operating system and also changed the vin to my cars vin
Old 10-04-2013, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure what vehicle you're working on so I'll assume it's the TA in your sig. VATS has nothing to do with the keyless entry system.

If your door locks and interior lights aren't working there is possibly a wiring problem with the interior harness, a bad BCM, a blown fuse(s), a bad relay, a bad door lock solenoid, etc. The PCM and VATS doesn't control any of that.

Now all this DOES go through the BCM, but that is the last thing I would check because it's the hardest to get at and most expensive to replace.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Ok sounds good I'll check all that. Its just confusing. Not sure why I hear clicking under the dash if there is a problem with wiring or relay. Not sure if it helps but when I press lock or unlock on the key fob the cluster lights up for a second like normal

Quick Reply: How the heck to I enable/disable VATS with hp tuners