Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREAT TUNE: Dyno Tune Motorsports, Columbus Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default GREAT TUNE: Dyno Tune Motorsports, Columbus Ohio

Just an FYI for anyone in Ohio that needs their car tuned. Brian Turner at Dyno Tune Motorsports is a great guy and an wizard with HP Tuners. Read my dyno experiences below.

I live in the Akron/Canton area and had previously went to Smokey's Dyno to get my 05 CTS-V tuned up after I put in the cam. For nearly the entire month of September I was back and forth to Smokey's, at one point they even kept the car for almost 2 weeks and they could not get the car to idle properly and the driveability was not very good at all. The car would sometimes stall out after start up, it would hunt for idle at stop lights, and had some issues with bucking in lower rpm's. After all the back and forth I got fed up with Smokey's and asked for my money back. I also asked that they return the car to my stock tune, and they did. I will give them a tip of the hat in the customer service area since they did refund me my money. However, if you are looking to have your car tuned there...you might want to rethink it..and here is why.

Yesterday I made a 2 1/2 hour drive to Columbus to have Brian take a look at the car. I had read some very positive reviews about Brian's shop on here and he was close enough to drive to without any overnight stays. Brian came out to the car in the parking lot with his laptop and HP Tuners, and within all of a minutes work had the car started and idling perfectly. No hunting for idle like before. He then spent about three more hours with the car up on the dyno. He adjusted speed density first, then MAF, then both. He was very methodical in his process and it was very apparent he knew what he was doing. Once he was happy with everything it came down off the dyno and we went for the true test drive. To my amazement all of the issue that I had previously with the Smokey's tune were gone. The car did not want to stall at lights, it idled perfectly, and it's street manners were that of a stock cts-v. His tune is miles above the tune I had from Smokey's in every aspect. Here are the numbers and the facts.

Smokey's Tune: Air fuel was set at 13.8-13.9, 386HP 347TQ - Drove somewhat ok and the idle was terrible. My best AVG MPG on this tune was 17.8.

Dyno Tune Motorsports: Air fuel was set at 12.85, 399.9HP 367.3TQ. - Drives amazing and idles perfectly. My best AVG MPG on this tune is 23.8.

So if you are in Ohio and have an LS based car (or anything really), go see Brian Turner at Dyno Tune Motorsports, you won't be disappointed. I give him an A+. Sorry Smokey's you get an F.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Current?

Hello,

I've got a 1997 Trans-Am that I am putting a new block in. It has a more aggressive cam, Lloyd Elliot heads, and slightly larger fuel I Injectors. I'm obviously going to need a new tune. Does anyone know if Brian Turner is still tuning at Dyno Tune and if he works with LT1 motors?

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: GREAT TUNE: Dyno Tune Motorsports, Columbus Ohio