Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Z28-no start after accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Z28-no start after accident

About 2 months ago I had someone pull out in front of me on a rainy night and like an idiot I swerved to miss them an located a pole with the front of my car while they drove off. So I not only got stuck fixing the damage to my car, I was also rewarded with a "failure to maintain control" ticket. To save money I did some of the disassembly myself before I took it to my chassis guy. While I was in the process of doing that I noticed the car wouldn't start. I figured I'd worry about the problem after I got my chassis work done.

So now that I've got the car back, here's my problem(s). First thing, the lights stay on constantly. 2nd, the car cranks fine and has spark, but zero fuel pressure. I'm assuming both my problems are either vats or bcm related after doing some research here. I'm wondering what the easiest an most cost effective way to fix this is? Thanks for any help
Old 11-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Anybody have any advice?
Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

is the security/theft light on? if its not its prob not a vats problem.... computer scan codes would be first place id start so I knew where to go.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnson73801
is the security/theft light on? if its not its prob not a vats problem.... computer scan codes would be first place id start so I knew where to go.
I bought the car this past July, the security light has been on since the day I got it along with the abs light but I never had a problem with it till now.

Quick Reply: 98 Z28-no start after accident