PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firing order change with HP Tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firing order change with HP Tuners??

I searched and couldn't really come up with any strait answers. I am using an LS1 computer my EFI 455 olds project. My question is when I change the firing order in the HPtuners software will I still be required to Change my injector and coil wiring or will changing it in the computer fire them off in my new order of 18436572? Thanks
Dave
Old 12-31-2013, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The firing order you see in the editor is only for misfire diagnostics, it doesn't change the real firing order because it's hardwired.
You need to change the order of the injector plugs and coils to match the engine.

Are you using a 24X conversion kit?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Teching In

I am using an AEM dual sync which emits a 24x crank and 1x cam signal from the distributor drive.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to run the oxygen sensors, you need to go into the injector bank assignment in the fuel tab and set the proper info, otherwise fuel trims will not work properly. I think a 455 is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2, so you'll want to set that table to 0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys I appreciate all the info.. I just wasn't sure how to change the firing order in the harness and on the computer to make it work right with the O2's. Yes my current firing order is 18436572. So after I set that table to the above sequence you mentioned above then my O2's and bank info will be correct after changing the pin locations for the injectors and coils at the ECU to the new firing order also??
Thanks
Dave

Edit: Just so I am understanding this correctly i need to make 3 changes?
1. Re-wire pin locations for injectors and coils at PCM
2. Change Firing order on tuners for misfire info
3. Change Injector bank assignment to the new sequence

Is there anything else I am missing?
Old 08-19-2023, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by djchunter
I searched and couldn't really come up with any strait answers. I am using an LS1 computer my EFI 455 olds project. My question is when I change the firing order in the HPtuners software will I still be required to Change my injector and coil wiring or will changing it in the computer fire them off in my new order of 18436572? Thanks
Dave
Great to hear about your EFI 455 Olds project using an LS1 computer. When it comes to changing the firing order in HPtuners software, it's important to note that altering the firing order setting in the computer won't automatically rewire your injectors and coils to match the new firing order (18436572 in your case).

You'll still need to physically rewire your injector and coil connections to match the new firing order. The software change will simply adjust how the computer processes the firing order sequence, but the physical connections need to align accordingly for the engine to run smoothly.

It might be a bit of work to reroute the wiring, but getting the firing order right is crucial for the engine to operate correctly. Good luck with your project, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions!
Old 08-19-2023, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidsk
Great to hear about your EFI 455 Olds project using an LS1 computer. When it comes to changing the firing order in HPtuners software, it's important to note that altering the firing order setting in the computer won't automatically rewire your injectors and coils to match the new firing order (18436572 in your case).

You'll still need to physically rewire your injector and coil connections to match the new firing order. The software change will simply adjust how the computer processes the firing order sequence, but the physical connections need to align accordingly for the engine to run smoothly.

It might be a bit of work to reroute the wiring, but getting the firing order right is crucial for the engine to operate correctly. Good luck with your project, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions!
The guy you're replying to hasn't been here in over 7 years, and this thread is far older than that. Check post dates....
Old 08-22-2023, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma
The guy you're replying to hasn't been here in over 7 years, and this thread is far older than that. Check post dates....
I am really sorry for the date not being noted.
Old 08-23-2023, 06:18 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Thread is now closed.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (08-23-2023)

Quick Reply: Firing order change with HP Tuners??