PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0342 Code

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok so found the problem on mine. You said you clipped EGR on yours so, you could possibly have the same problem as me due to where my location was.

My problem was I didn't have the connectors plugged in on the passenger side ontop of the manifold, they sit in the valley by the injectors, you may have clipped and removed that thinking it wasn't important? When I plugged that in I got full volts to my camshaft sensor and code went away. Now I'm just fighting a crankshaft sensor. My wiring harness was botched ( did v6 to 5.3 swap ) so wiring is a nightmare but I went from about 8-10 codes to just the crankshaft now. So hopefully I can get that fixed and my car will fire again.

Best of luck to you man
Old 03-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I clipped the 3 wire connector that actually connected to the EGR. It was just sitting there dangling and my tune has is tunes off the car so I figured it wasn't a big deal. So you cut yours as well and got the code, then when you spliced it back on like normal the code went away?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That 3 wire connector isn't EGR, that's power to your camshaft sensor, the EGR is a 5 wire connector. You have to splice that 3 pin connector and it's other plug back in. I'm on my phone so I can't post pics but if you on me your number I can shoot some images over to you.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Old 06-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Did you get this figured out?
I just purchased a 05 CTS-V with the following problems and am just getting started on trying to figure out what the root cause is. I am wondering if maybe the PCM has just lost its mind and needs replaced.
1. Cam position issue causes long starts
2. AC compressor will kick on when commanded manually via EFI Live but will not kick on automatically. Replaced pressure switch and recharged which did not fix the issue.
3. Evap Vent solenoid - this is probably just a bad valve (guess the rear cradle has to be pulled to replace it, so that sucks)
4. Today when coming home the "Info" section of the main display didn't work. It was blank even though I tried asking it to display outside temp, trip a, avg mpg, etc. After key cycle this display worked like it should.
So I have a few strange issues and am starting to wonder if at least 1, 2, and 4 may be caused by a bad PCM and not bad other parts.

Diagnostic Trouble Codes

P0342 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor A EPA ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0449 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit EPA ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0342 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor A EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0449 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0342 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor A MHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0449 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit MHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

B0092 Passenger Presence System {single or 1} Performance HC ($58) "Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)"

U1000 Class 2 Data Link H ($58) "Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)"

P0196 Engine Oil Temperature (EOT) Sensor Performance HC ($60) "Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)"

B1327 Device Power {single or 1} (low current 1) Circuit Low H ($60) "Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)"

U1016 Lost Communications With Engine Controller - Device $10 H ($60) "Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)"

B1327 Device Power {single or 1} (low current 1) Circuit Low H ($86) "Radio Antenna Module (ARS)"

U1064 Lost Communications With Body Controller - Device $40 H ($86) "Radio Antenna Module (ARS)"

U1016 Lost Communications With Engine Controller - Device $10 H ($86) "Radio Antenna Module (ARS)"

U1305 Class 2 Data Link Low or High H ($86) "Radio Antenna Module (ARS)"

C0750 Left Front Low Tire Pressure Sensor H ($86) "Radio Antenna Module (ARS)"

C0755 Right Front Low Tire Pressure Sensor H ($86) "Radio Antenna Module (ARS)"

C0760 Left Rear Low Tire Pressure Sensor H ($86) "Radio Antenna Module (ARS)"

C0765 Right Rear Low Tire Pressure Sensor H ($86) "Radio Antenna Module (ARS)"

Quick Reply: P0342 Code