PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley E85 ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there any advantages to going a step colder or hotter on spark plugs? if so what way and what plug? thanks
Old 06-13-2014, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E85 burns cooler than gasoline so you may need to heat up 1 range. I left my BRFE7's in and whiskered one (carbon track across the center electrode to ground) causing a misfire. Went back to 6's. No issues yet.

My 7's only had 3 dark threads when I pulled them, too cold. You have to read them after a while and see.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aim broke... thank you.. will try stock plugs and read them after i tune it.. been running the car on 91 to get her running and testing the last week.. I've been going over bringing a tuner in to the shop to dyno tune it for e85 so that way its all dialed before the race this next weekend.. thanks guys
Old 06-23-2014, 02:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In response to the OP question regarding base calibrations, and tuning.
Most authorized dealers can set up a tune (global folder) for you that should be a bit closer than what the "custom" global folders are.

As others have stated, Holley reads in lambda. Set the scaling to gas, and tune like you would a gas engine. The Holley will make necessary calculations in the back ground. I've sold over 100 systems in the last few years. They are powerful, and offer a multitude of capabilities for the price.

Quick Reply: Holley E85 ????