Gen III Flex fuel Write-up - Page 4 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen III Flex fuel Write-up

Old 12-21-2016, 09:10 PM
  #61  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (18)
 
98_WS6_M6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 977
Default

Originally Posted by Corner Worker
Yeah, it took me minutes. I will say, I still have a LOT of tuning to do. But, the car is getting better each day. Rolling around on a 3 bar, and flex fuel was well worth the headache of a repin, and bugging the **** out of Bigmandengo (sorry bro). Subeone can offer some knowledge as well as others.
Lol. That's the way to learn. Lucky to have some guys that will answer questions on this forum. I've bugged quite a few guys on here
98_WS6_M6 is offline  
Old 12-21-2016, 09:24 PM
  #62  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,000
Default

been very busy with holidays at my shop sorry for you guys who have pm'd me.

Virtual FLEX FUEL has NOTHING to do with this thread. VFF uses density readings, as well as o2 feedback to predict the alcohol content on your fuel after each "refill". So whenever you turn your vehicle off, refuel with e85, and the o2s detect a lean condition as well as a density difference in the liquid, the alcohol % starts to increase until the algorithm accomplishes an acceptable stft,ltft quantum.

YES, p59 works on 98s with a repin. Works with 99-07, no 06+ doesnt have Virtual flex fuel. GTO p59s, avalnches, and express vans all have compatible PCMS. You can do a segment swap for a 60e if you have an express van file, you can do a segment swap for the fuel gauge for 98s as well.

YES, this works for 98-02 C5 vettes, i keep getting asked this question on PM's to the point where my inbox got full. I figured this out on a 98 c5 so yes it works, dont pm me asking me "are you suuuuuuuure? pinky promise it works?"

sorry to be so blunt, but all the info is in this exact thread. If you need TUNING related help, ill gladly help, but flex fuel conversion help, everything is here.
subeone is offline  
Old 12-22-2016, 09:07 AM
  #63  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 4,813
Default

Lots of good info here. Thanks for sharing!
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 12-22-2016, 11:35 AM
  #64  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Darth_V8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: My own internal universe
Posts: 6,524
Default

Originally Posted by subeone View Post
YES, this works for 98-02 C5 vettes, i keep getting asked this question on PM's to the point where my inbox got full. I figured this out on a 98 c5 so yes it works, dont pm me asking me "are you suuuuuuuure? pinky promise it works?"
I spit my drink out laughing when I read that. At least it didn't come out of my nose.
Darth_V8r is offline  
Old 12-24-2016, 06:20 PM
  #65  
TECH Senior Member
 
joecar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 6,066
Default

lol...
joecar is offline  
Old 12-28-2016, 12:20 PM
  #66  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (49)
 
Mike Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Md/PA/FL
Posts: 1,423
Default

Thanks for sharing. Doing this soon
Mike Morris is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 05:40 AM
  #67  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 12
Default

Hi all!
I am currently doing the flex convertion mentioned in the original post.
I was looking for the pin connectors for the pcm and wondering if these would fit:
http://www.midwestconnectorsupply.co...912-p-296.html
Thanks for any suggestions or feedback :-)
Cheers
S.
saabman is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:29 AM
  #68  
On The Tree
 
Corner Worker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Largo, Fl
Posts: 113
Default

Originally Posted by saabman View Post
Hi all!
I am currently doing the flex convertion mentioned in the original post.
I was looking for the pin connectors for the pcm and wondering if these would fit:
http://www.midwestconnectorsupply.co...912-p-296.html
Thanks for any suggestions or feedback :-)
Cheers
S.
The best thing to do is go to the junk yard and cut some pigtails out of a stock wiring harness. When I had to extend some wires for my repin, I went and found the exact same color wires and cut them out. There are plenty of S-10's to choose from (at least here in Fl) in the local u-pull-it yards.
Corner Worker is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:32 AM
  #69  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by Corner Worker View Post
The best thing to do is go to the junk yard and cut some pigtails out of a stock wiring harness. When I had to extend some wires for my repin, I went and found the exact same color wires and cut them out. There are plenty of S-10's to choose from (at least here in Fl) in the local u-pull-it yards.
Hi;
Thanks for your reply I would do that but where I live in France/Europe there are no scrapyard Chevys at all, they are horded like gold dust by most enthusiasts...
This is why I thought of those wires online...
S.
saabman is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 09:02 AM
  #70  
TECH Resident
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 755
Default

Originally Posted by saabman View Post
Hi;
Thanks for your reply I would do that but where I live in France/Europe there are no scrapyard Chevys at all, they are horded like gold dust by most enthusiasts...
This is why I thought of those wires online...
S.
Here is where I buy mine... Not sure what is a better deal.
but, yes, those are the correct connector terminals.

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/S...ssSearchForm=+
ryanleiker is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 10:12 AM
  #71  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by ryanleiker View Post
Here is where I buy mine... Not sure what is a better deal.
but, yes, those are the correct connector terminals.

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/S...ssSearchForm=+
Hi;
thanks for confirming I am going the right way ;-)
Will take a look at you link too
S.
saabman is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 04:25 PM
  #72  
Staging Lane
 
FlorianGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 73
Lightbulb

First of all: thank all of you for the input, this thread actually made me try this

I have a 411 PCM in my 2002 CETA and found somebody who helped me with a proper 12216125 tune file. Now I ordered the 13577429 sensor along with the 13352241 harness. And of course some PCM lead connectors.

The last piece of the puzzle is the connection of the sensor to the fuel line on my stock rail. Which actual fittings/adapters do I need?

Originally Posted by topgun542 View Post
Hardware-
1. You will need to tap into the fuel line somewhere. It doesn't matter whether it be the feed or return. Feed made more sense to me as the fuel will be analyzed before the motor sees it.
Since the sensor i was using had the same inlet and outlet size as my fuel line i used Russel fitting 644123, which is a 3/8 to stock fuel line fitting. I then used a -6 to -6 fitting then another fuel line fitting quick connect fitting.

Sidenote- For a fbody, The fittings may very but will generally be the same. there might even be more room on a camaro that what i had to work with.
FlorianGee is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 07:26 PM
  #73  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,000
Default

3/8 russell quick disconnect iirc of thr top of my head
subeone is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 08:32 PM
  #74  
On The Tree
 
Corner Worker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Largo, Fl
Posts: 113
Default

Originally Posted by subeone View Post
3/8 russell quick disconnect iirc of thr top of my head
Yep. I bought 2 of those Russell 3/8 push lock to -6 male fittings and one female-female -6. I snapped one russell fitting on the fuel rail, and one on the sensor. Then I used the female to female adapter to connect the sensor to the rail. I then snapped the original fuel line onto the inlet on the sensor. Alakazaam
Corner Worker is offline  
Old 01-19-2017, 12:48 AM
  #75  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 4,813
Default

Originally Posted by FlorianGee View Post
First of all: thank all of you for the input, this thread actually made me try this

I have a 411 PCM in my 2002 CETA and found somebody who helped me with a proper 12216125 tune file. Now I ordered the 13577429 sensor along with the 13352241 harness. And of course some PCM lead connectors.

The last piece of the puzzle is the connection of the sensor to the fuel line on my stock rail. Which actual fittings/adapters do I need?
So you left the oe 411 pcm in it and just changed the tune file? I assume this requires a complete rewrite?

Last edited by HioSSilver; 01-19-2017 at 12:55 AM.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 01-19-2017, 12:49 AM
  #76  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,000
Default

you need a p59 not a 0411
subeone is offline  
Old 01-19-2017, 04:33 AM
  #77  
Staging Lane
 
FlorianGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 73
Exclamation

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
So you left the oe 411 pcm in it and just changed the tune file? I assume this requires a complete rewrite?
Exactly. Somebody segment swapped the right bits for me, which left everything intact and just added flex fuel functions. I'll do the complete rewrite in about 2 month, just trying to gather all necessary parts for it. Of course I'll report if everything works out as planned... My plan is: flex fuel in a 2002 CETA with the stock 0411 PCM


Originally Posted by Corner Worker View Post
Yep. I bought 2 of those Russell 3/8 push lock to -6 male fittings and one female-female -6. I snapped one russell fitting on the fuel rail, and one on the sensor. Then I used the female to female adapter to connect the sensor to the rail. I then snapped the original fuel line onto the inlet on the sensor. Alakazaam
Wouldn't it be easier to go from 3/8 to -6 AN to 3/8? So just to be sure, are these all the fittings I need? Sorry for double checking but I'm in Germany and need to order all the parts from the States:
1x Russell 644123 -6 AN Male x 3/8" SAE Quick-Disconnect Female
1x Russell 611203 -6 AN Female x 3/8" SAE Quick-Disconnect Female

I planned the plumbing like this:
Stock: [rail] 3/8" male -> 3/8" female [line to tank]
FlexFuel: [rail] 3/8" male -> 3/8" female [Russell 644123] -6 AN male -> -6 AN female [Russell 611203] 3/8" female -> 3/8" male [ACDelco 13577429 sensor] 3/8" male -> 3/8" female [line to tank]

Last edited by FlorianGee; 01-19-2017 at 05:16 AM.
FlorianGee is offline  
Old 01-19-2017, 05:57 PM
  #78  
On The Tree
 
Corner Worker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Largo, Fl
Posts: 113
Default

Originally Posted by FlorianGee View Post
Exactly. Somebody segment swapped the right bits for me, which left everything intact and just added flex fuel functions. I'll do the complete rewrite in about 2 month, just trying to gather all necessary parts for it. Of course I'll report if everything works out as planned... My plan is: flex fuel in a 2002 CETA with the stock 0411 PCM




Wouldn't it be easier to go from 3/8 to -6 AN to 3/8? So just to be sure, are these all the fittings I need? Sorry for double checking but I'm in Germany and need to order all the parts from the States:
1x Russell 644123 -6 AN Male x 3/8" SAE Quick-Disconnect Female
1x Russell 611203 -6 AN Female x 3/8" SAE Quick-Disconnect Female

I planned the plumbing like this:
Stock: [rail] 3/8" male -> 3/8" female [line to tank]
FlexFuel: [rail] 3/8" male -> 3/8" female [Russell 644123] -6 AN male -> -6 AN female [Russell 611203] 3/8" female -> 3/8" male [ACDelco 13577429 sensor] 3/8" male -> 3/8" female [line to tank]
If you want. I have a returnless system currently on the car. I plan on running my FF sensor after my fuel pressure regulator in the return line in the future. So, for me, having 2 female push lock - Male -6 fittings makes sense. You can run it how ever you like, feed line, return line, doesnt matter. Hell, I dont even know if the direction of flow matters.
Corner Worker is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 04:43 PM
  #79  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 12
Default

hey I have an issue my Lm7 injector connectors aren't the same as the new ones I ordered for 2010-2014 models... any idea what connectors I should use?




Last edited by saabman; 01-25-2017 at 05:10 PM.
saabman is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 10:44 PM
  #80  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,000
Default

Ev6 is what you need
subeone is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gen III Flex fuel Write-up


About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: