Sponsored by:

Wiring Fuel Pump Relay to Grn/Wht Wire. Wire is always hot

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring Fuel Pump Relay to Grn/Wht Wire. Wire is always hot

Hey all,
I'm finishing up my harness modifications for my LQ9 BMW E36 swap. There's one thing i can't seem to figure out. I've looked at the pinouts a million times. I'm using the green with white stripe wire from Pin 9 of the red connector. I've looked at my bin, and i believe it's set to 30 seconds fuel pump run time before start (which seems REALLY long, but it's a totally stock file untouched aside from VATS removal). The fuel pump relay control wire stays hot. It never shuts off after 2 seconds, 30 seconds, or any amount of seconds.

Any ideas? IDK why this would matter, but some of the sensors aren't plugged in at the moment (crank position sensor is the only one i could possibly imagine that could affect this as maybe the PCM thinks the car is running?)

Input is greatly appreciated!

-Jordan
Old 09-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't have your throttle body plugged up I believe it will do this.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would make sense. I'm waitin on the correct tac module so that could be the issue. I plugged in a spare pcm I had which just so happens to be DBC and it primed perfectly for 2 seconds. I'll follow up once I get the TAC module hooked up.

Quick Reply: Wiring Fuel Pump Relay to Grn/Wht Wire. Wire is always hot