PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

I got royally screwed by Isuzu.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015 | 08:33 AM
FormerVendor

I can re-program that ecm on my bench harness. You should also have another computer for the transmission I can also reprogram it.

Old 06-08-2015 | 09:35 AM
Teching In

I don't have a spare TCM.

I use this truck in my business every day. I wouldn't be able to go a day without the TCM in it. I can't afford any downtime. Is it crucial to tune it as well?
Old 06-08-2015 | 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

There are things in the TCM calibration that Isuzu may have changed that are causing some of your displeasure so I would want to have someone look at that too. Your best solution but maybe not the cheapest would be to purchase HP Tuners, read the file out, email the file to someone to change it and then flashed the changed file back into the truck. Or find someone local to you that has HP Tuners and have them do that for you. That is if you are not comfortable editing the calibration yourself.
Old 06-08-2015 | 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

I agree, without looking at the ecm and tcm you could be leaving alot on the table.
Old 06-08-2015 | 04:34 PM
Teching In

I never thought about the TCM calibrations. Now that I do, of course they would have messed with that too. I have never liked how the thing shifts or when the converter locks up anyway. I understand I would have a great deal of control over this with HP Tuners VCM Suite.

It looks like I'll bite the bullet and get the HP Tuners. I'll probably get someone to help me with it at first, but ultimately I want to get good at this.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: I got royally screwed by Isuzu.