PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuner / gear ratio / 3.29 / 06 Monte Carlo SS 5.3V8

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just noticed this thing has 1700 views , are other people having this problem or what ?
Old 10-31-2014, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Ok , its allot better now , now it only does it when i floor it and then quickly release after a shift occures , i ddi what you said with the positive cable and i also changed 2 things in my tune.

I changed the ratio to 3.69 and i also DIstance error to 69.40 i added rougly 1 % before it was changed to some a 760ish number

I'm not sure which made it better but i can now lay into it fully throttle and traction control wil actially prevent wheel spin without actually giving an error
This is the tune
http://1drv.ms/1wRjLfq
Do you think maybe something is still slightly off that the car doesnt like as far as speedo wise?
i loaded the stock tune and the same things happened , in ever got any error about Incorrect gear ratio just the same old Locks cycling , dash lights cycling and traction control error
Old 10-31-2014, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Does your car have an aftermarket alarm or remote starter? Try monitoring any voltage pids while the problem is occurring.

Russ Kemp
Old 10-31-2014, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

The car comes with remote starter from the factory , no alarm , ok i will this tomorrow as i'm tapped out for the day
Old 11-01-2014, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

The car comes with remote starter from the factory , no alarm , ok i will this tomorrow as i'm tapped out for the day
Ok , i'm going to post 2 more logs. i have 2 pids of voltage as well as requested , again THANK YOU!

This first one is where i just started the car. Now sometimes the car will run fine at first without having a problem when i floor it.

The first one is one of these times , transmission shifts great at WOT no problems. At 5 minutes into this one you can see a 88% throttle commanded. Whats strange is the TCS Desired torque is 0 and this is when its working fine. but on the next one it shows a always changing desired torque.
No Problems Click link below to download HP Tuner Log data

http://1drv.ms/1pfBUkV

The 2nd one is my return home and its when it does it , when it does it i get "bigger shift" and then this is when the dash lights cut out , doors lock and engine seems to cutout and re-ignite. The LAST second of this one will show when i got WOT and the recording stops

With problem CLick link below to download hp tuner log data
http://1drv.ms/1wUhH3T
Old 11-01-2014, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Both logs show the TCS voltage changing. Your going have to get an ALLDATA subscription for your car. Then you can locate all the grounds, and the power distribution diagrams. And you could by some fuse taps so that you can hook up a volt meter to check for loss of power at every fuse. Seen some bad ignition switches that caused some weird issues. But checking for power at the fuses will check for a bad ignition switch. Or you could wiggle & pull on the engine electrical harness with the engine idling.

And I found some info that the EBCM could cause the C0561, try unplugging it. There is also a TSB about a reflash for it to reduce the stopping distance.

Russ Kemp
Old 11-01-2014, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Russ K
Both logs show the TCS voltage changing. Your going have to get an ALLDATA subscription for your car. Then you can locate all the grounds, and the power distribution diagrams. And you could by some fuse taps so that you can hook up a volt meter to check for loss of power at every fuse. Seen some bad ignition switches that caused some weird issues. But checking for power at the fuses will check for a bad ignition switch. Or you could wiggle & pull on the engine electrical harness with the engine idling.

And I found some info that the EBCM could cause the C0561, try unplugging it. There is also a TSB about a reflash for it to reduce the stopping distance.

Russ Kemp

Where do you see TCS voltage changing ? , i tryed unplugging the EBCM , the car will not start with the module unplugged.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your refering to ETC TPS , that is the Throttle Position sensor , there is 2 of them for redundancy

This does not make sence , the car will shift fine unless you command a 3 to 2 Downshift at RPM below 3,000 with full throttle

If you accelerate above 3,000 arms and then force a downshift , it will downshift fine.
I recorded my dash during all this and this seems to happen exactly at 3200ISH rpms EVERY time.

Also it does not make sence how its worse when the ratio is 3.67 , but better then its 3.69.

When i set the ratio 3.67 everytime i heavily accelerate it would cause the symptoms i mentioned previously
With 3.69 , it only does it on downshifts 3-2 when below 3k rpms.

I've disabled all Torque managment , wheel hop managment , Theres Differential score protection that kicks in at 100% at 3,000RPM so im disabling that as well to see if it makes any change , if not then i'll set it back

I have a feeling there is something that is not agreeing with the computer causing it to restart.

Last edited by Sint3k; 11-01-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Where do you see TCS voltage changing ? , i tryed unplugging the EBCM , the car will not start with the module unplugged.
I meant TCS torque at frame 3735.

Russ Kemp
Old 11-02-2014, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I meant TCS torque at frame 3735.

Russ Kemp

I hooked up a continuity meter between battery and the G115 Ground "controls the ABS/TC and drove around and tryed to duplicate.

During this test Continuity was lost. I cut the harness open and the G115 was corroded inside of the harness , I cleaned out all the corotion and spliced in a new wire and sealed it all with clear silicone.
I beleive the reason that the issue was better after disabling traction control and so forth was that it was not being commanded and there was nothing pulling down the voltage. A ground can show good but without loading it it can be a pointless test.

Problem resolved

This was really stressing me out , thank you for your help.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Glad you found the problem. And your welcome.

Russ Kemp
Old 11-02-2014, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you found the problem. And your welcome.

Russ Kemp
You mentioned getting a AllDataDiy for the car its funny you mentioned that i've already had a subscription for a while , i wish i would of gone with the one from Mitchell1 tho , i think there diagrams are way better and easier to find/read. They re-write all of there diagrams so they are easier to read between 1 make to another , but ive also noticed more mistakes with them.

Quick Reply: HP tuner / gear ratio / 3.29 / 06 Monte Carlo SS 5.3V8