PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hptuners what causes full rich part throttle

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:55 PM

Received 425 Likes on 324 Posts

No, I don't think your injector tables are fine at all. Other than the IFR, they are all stock and that is just not right.
Contact Racetronix to get the full injectors tables.
Then disable the MAF and get the VE table correct.
Then reenable the MAF and the MAF table correct.
Then go through the detailed idle tuning as found on the HP Tuners forum.

Russ K: I run 27 degrees of advance with zero knock; it gives me the best trap speed. As cam overlap goes up, you can run more advance; I've seen tunes at 29-30 degrees.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Russ K
If there is still a Maf on the car, then your not in SD. As the P0103 code is set to no error reported. The P0103 should be changed to no mil light. There has to be a Maf code in order to be in SD mode....
Russ Kemp
For a more detailed explanation of what Russ is saying, see this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...af-tuning.html
Old 02-15-2015, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvedit
For a more detailed explanation of what Russ is saying, see this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...af-tuning.html
I don't have a maf on the car at all and I'm not getting any ses lights. This things a mess.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
I don't have a maf on the car at all and I'm not getting any ses lights. This things a mess.
So basically what your saying is the car still thinks it has a maf?
Old 02-15-2015, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, since your Maf is removed, that will set a P0102 code. And your P0102 code is correctly set to no mil. I would uncheck the SES box for the P0102, as on some cars the service vehicle light will come on.

So, yes your in SD mode.

Russ Kemp
Old 02-15-2015, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Ok, since your Maf is removed, that will set a P0102 code. And your P0102 code is correctly set to no mil. I would uncheck the SES box for the P0102, as on some cars the service vehicle light will come on.

So, yes your in SD mode.

Russ Kemp
Since they raped the IFR table instead of entering the correct data how do I go about correcting this. I've got the racetronix 42lbers and can't find the data for them like it's entered in hptuners. Would I be better off getting a different brand injectors that the data is available for or is their a easy way of figuring the tables for them with the data I can get on them. I've got the banish DVD but I haven't look at the data disc.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Your IFR table is close enough, but you need to halve your min fuel milligrams (your stock at .041) As that will cause a rich condition.

I've tuned many vehicles with unknown injector values. Some people make too much out of having all the offset, min pulse adder tables etc. This is where experience helps a lot.

And Banish didn't know about the effects of the min fuel milligram field. As it is 0 on the 1998's and .032 on the 2000 & up Corvettes.

Changing injectors is not the answer, as your tune is the problem.

Russ Kemp
Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Your IFR table is close enough, but you need to halve your min fuel milligrams (your stock at .041) As that will cause a rich condition.

I've tuned many vehicles with unknown injector values. Some people make too much out of having all the offset, min pulse adder tables etc. This is where experience helps a lot.

And Banish didn't know about the effects of the min fuel milligram field. As it is 0 on the 1998's and .032 on the 2000 & up Corvettes.

Russ Kemp
So just cut that in half and start working on the VE?
Old 02-15-2015, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

So just cut that in half and start working on the VE?
Yes, and set the open loop table as I said before. Also disable closed loop, DFCO and reset the fuel trims before scanning.

Russ Kemp
Old 02-16-2015, 08:23 PM

Since you have HP Tuners, join their forum (if not already) and search it. There is a lot of information about injectors and frustrations with missing data.
I read there that Racetronix will share their full injector data if you agree to non-disclosure.
Try to get that data - the injectors are fine.

Since you also have the Banish DVD, you should follow that carefully after you get the full injector data. The Banish DVD includes a data CD with injector data, but it is of limited use. It has data for a "42# Green Top", but I think this is for a much older Bosch injector and not the popular #42 "Green Giant".
Personally I got frustrated with the lack of injector data, and therefore bought a set from DeutschWerks which publishes the full data on their website in HP Tuners format.

In any case, DO NOT buy the cheap (e.g. $200) "Bosch Style" injectors on Ebay. They are not genuine Bosch, have different flow rates, inferior atomization and worst of all, a Youtube video by FIC shows that they complete stop fueling at high pressure.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Russ Kemp
Thats it right there
Old 02-16-2015, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Another question, I went and got the 2004 5.3 OL/EQ table from the repository but it won't let me save that tune onto my laptop is that normal? I just opened the file for my car up and copy and pasted it straight from the internet but I was just wondering if their was a way to actually put that tune on my computer. I know I'd have to license it to use it but I just wanted it on there to reference in case I'm not always in wifi.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Another question, I went and got the 2004 5.3 OL/EQ table from the repository but it won't let me save that tune onto my laptop is that normal? I just opened the file for my car up and copy and pasted it straight from the internet but I was just wondering if their was a way to actually put that tune on my computer. I know I'd have to license it to use it but I just wanted it on there to reference in case I'm not always in wifi.
You don't need to save/license any tunes. Just copy the OL table & paste into your tune.

Russ Kemp
Old 02-17-2015, 09:02 AM

You don't need to save/license any tunes. Just copy the OL table & paste into your tune.

Russ Kemp
Right, just select the [No Thanks] button when you open another tune.

Have you used the "Compare" function to examine the differences between two tunes? In short:
Open your own (licensed tune) in the normal way.
Select {Compare -> Open Compare File} and select the downloaded tune you want to examine and compare.
Using the convenient icons on the tool bar you can then examine your tune, the downloaded tune, or let HPT show you the differences. There is even a "View Compare Log" which lists those tables that have differences.

You probably already know this, but if you right click in the top-left empty header cell of a table, you can copy an entire table, e.g. from the downloaded tune. Then switch to your tune and you similarly paste in the entire table.

With these steps there is no need to ever license a downloaded tune.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

That's what I did. Just copy and pasted it. I didn't exactly want to save that tune but maybe a bolt on timing table for something later on. When the 2 feet of snow melts I'll start working on my car. I'm sure I'll have more questions. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Hptuners what causes full rich part throttle