Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safe Timing.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Safe Timing.......

Pardon me if this comes off as simply ignorant, but I've been out of the LS game since selling my twin turbo C5 back in 2010.

That car is coming home to me this coming Saturday (5/2/15) with a bit more power. Was talking with the guy I sold it to about the changes he made, and he was telling me the car has the race gas tune in it right now, boost is set at 16 psi, and it's got 18* timing. That seems more like a pump gas tune to me coming from the LTx world where I was running about 23* at the same boost levels. I know the LS doesn't like as much timing, but 18* for race gas? Seems a bit low. I know it's open ended without knowing every in and out of the car, components, tune, etc. I'm just trying to get a bead on how conservative this tune really is. FWIW the pump gas tune was set for 16 PSI and 16* timing which is awfully low.

Still makes power though. around 825 on the pump tune, 860 on the race gas tune.

Thoughts?
Old 04-29-2015, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Without knowing anything about engine specs, I'd say the pump tune is kind of aggressive with 16 deg. and 16 psi

Quick Reply: Safe Timing.......