PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tuning questions

Old 06-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno tuning questions

Took my car to get tuned today and ran into a couple snags. The car has only been around the neighborhood so it was pretty untested. The tuner called said it was over heating and they thought it was because I didn't have the steam crossover hooked to the water pump. I have ls3 heads with the back holes plugged and tube between the front two. Does this sound like a problem? The other issue is the maf sensor is reading erratic and they thought it was from heat or something. They recommended running it to the front of the car somewhere. I currently have a 90 between the nick William throttle body and a ls2 MAF with a filter on the end. I know it would be better mounted towards the front but would be a nightmare on my car. I have seen other c2 corvettes with the intake just like mine so do you guys think I might just have faulty sensor? The tuner said he can work around it . Thanks
Old 06-29-2015, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No that shouldn't be a problem. Is the crossover connected to the rest of the coming system? Your cooling system probably just isn't properly burped.

That MAF setup is how many cats come from the factory and shouldn't be a problem unless the MAF is too close to the bend/tb.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you are using the blade style MAF you will benefit from adding an airflow straightener in the tube in front of it. Google Saxon PC and you will see them. They will make one for what ever diameter the tube is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno tuning questions