PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq4 swap odd misfire please help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lq4 swap odd misfire please help...

Ok I swapped a lq4 from 03 silverado into my 01 s10. I used a current performance wiring harness and had the ecu flashed from Texas speed. Only mods are a clean ls6 manifold and it has no cats... it has a brand new Delphi MAF, new bosch o2's, new taylor wires and ac delco plugs gapped to 35, I have the o2's mounted right before the collector flange on both of my fbody manifolds, they told me to reuse the stock lq4 MAP on the ls6 manifold, I am also re using the truck TB on the ls6 mani...

Ok so here we go... truck runs awesome and sounds good... if I'm just cruising above 35 or so MPH it will start to Blink the ses light it still runs and drives excellent... it will go away after I sit at a stop light for a minute or so... then it will come back on when I start cruising again, however nothing on WOT runs... only when I hold speed above 35. But truck feels excellent... I go to autozone and scan it and it says everything is perfect and would pass inspection. I bought a brand new coil and tried it on every cylinder and all the same... only way I can tell there is a misfire is if I sit in neutral and hold the rpm about 2200 or so... and it's very faint on the exhaust. I'm kinda stumped please help me out guys I work like 60 hrs a week with 2 kids and ain't got time to be horsing around with this while trying to enjoy this short NY summer... lol
Old 07-16-2015, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Crank sensor?
Old 07-18-2015, 03:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Lq4 swap odd misfire please help...

Can you try another PCM...
Old 07-18-2015, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have a code pending in the PCM since the light comes on and off. Maybe try getting a tech2 on it and see what codes pop up. Or go to a shop with a better scanner and see if they can pull any codes.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

It will only come on when the truck is warmed up... like when the upstream o2's would take readings... but they are brand spanking new bosch's... could it be my texas speed tune? Like I said... below 40 with cruising throttle it won't come on. NO converter lockup either... I may just try to find a good shop with a scanner then... lame
Old 06-02-2016, 05:53 AM
On The Tree

ended up being my brand new taylor 8mm wires! they even OHM'd out all good but i switch to OEM ac delcos and no misfire, no light, perfect running 6.0! anyone else have this problem taylors or brand new wires?

Quick Reply: Lq4 swap odd misfire please help...