Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question I am too stupid to ask on HPTuners

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Question I am too stupid to ask on HPTuners

I just bought version 2.24 of HPTuners for my car. It has a LS3 with the GMPP E67 computer. With the headers and intake, it is running lean making it dump extra fuel. My LTFT is in the double digits and I have cleared it out once after driving for a bit to make sure. The STFT seems to hover around zero, but it does bounce around.

I found a really nive write up how to tune your engine on HPTuners, but it dates back to 2008 and the guy hasn't been on the site in a while. He states you need to run the scanner with the LTFT turned off and use the STFT hst file.

Here is the problem. I have a message under the STFT and LTFT stating those histograms are not available. I tried going to HPTuners Help file to set them up, but I followed the instructions and still get nothing. I am confused. Obviously I am missing something, but I have no clue what I am missing.

Any help is appreciated. Asking a question like this on the HPTuners forum is probably like asking how to put gas in your car.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you 100% positive you're not looking at STIT/LTIT when you get that message?
Old 08-21-2015, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's because your OS has a virtual VE table and those histograms are set up for normal VE tables like the older OS used.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglegoat
Are you 100% positive you're not looking at STIT/LTIT when you get that message?
deff double check this kinda goes hand in hand
Old 08-21-2015, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The preset histograms 3 and 4 do that on every gen 4 data log that has a virtual VE table. Here are some histograms you can use to calibrate the MAF vs STFTs depending on the type of MAF table your OS uses. Put the tune in MAF only mode.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
histograms.zip (688 Bytes, 23 views)
Old 08-22-2015, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am going to the Histogram section in Scanner in columns 3 and 4. They are empty. I only have column 1 and 2 taken.

Thank you 2xLS1 for the zip file! I really appreciate the help!
Old 08-22-2015, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok..so I went to load them and I still get the same message. It says they are not supported with the current parameters. I have the same version of software on my laptop, but there are no credits attached and there are empty charts showing in the 3rd and 4th (actually, 5th, 6th, and 7th column also) column. Why do they not show in the version on the other laptop that has the credits for the GMPP computer attached?

Quick Reply: Question I am too stupid to ask on HPTuners