Sponsored by:

Narrow band simulation and HO2S Signal Low

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrow band simulation and HO2S Signal Low

Hi Guys,

Long story short, my C5 Corvette has absolutely no oxygen sensor wiring in it, it has all be depinned from the PCM and removed. The car currently runs in OL which isn't working very well.

I currently have an Innovate MTXL wideband in the car which is logged through EGR. In an effort to put the car back in closed loop, I plan to purchase another wideband, a LC2 more than likely, and utilize each of their narrowband outputs.

I understand the output from the wideband needs to run to the Signal High input on the PCM. What I am unsure of is the Signal Low input for the PCM. From my research it seems the Signal Low is just a ground ( I may be very wrong though).

So my actual question is:
If I run the wideband input to the Signal High, can I simply run a wire out of the Signal Low on the PCM and ground it to the same location as the wideband and it work properly?
Or does the Signal Low need to be grounded elsewhere such as the PCM ground or to the O2 sensor itself?
Or is there a better way to do this?

The car is a 97 Corvette, but I will be swapping to a 99-02 0411 PCM at the same time I wire in the widebands.

Thanks
Clay

Last edited by Deputy_Dangle; 09-10-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Update:
I connected the signal high to the output (.1-1.1) on the wideband and ran a wire from signal low input on the PCM to the battery ground and it seemed to work great. the scanner shows the bank 1, sensor 1, sensor switching from around 200mv to 1100 mv.

Unless anyone thinks this is a bad way to have this wired up then I will order another WB for the other bank.

Also, How do I go about choosing a good switching point for the WB or what should the voltages be set too on the WB via logworks?
Old 09-18-2015, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That is exactly how to do it.

Leave the default LC-2 programming (the AFR:V transfer function is a steep step) and drive/log it for a while, analyze the logs.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by joecar
That is exactly how to do it.

Leave the default LC-2 programming (the AFR:V transfer function is a steep step) and drive/log it for a while, analyze the logs.
Awesome! My 0411 and Lc2 delivered today. When I get them wired up I will report back with results.

Quick Reply: Narrow band simulation and HO2S Signal Low