Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wideband for rear o2's

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default wideband for rear o2's

I've heard of people logging wideband through the ac pressure channel, but i was wondering if you could do it through the rear o2 sensors. Do wideband o2's have a range of 0 to 1 volt? It just got my thinking cause for some reason kooks but rear o2 bungs on my off road y-pipe.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wideband is 0-5 volts, and yes you can put them in the rear O2s ... preferably w/out cats (but you mentioned you have an ORY) but I would imagine it'd also work fine w/cats (all the dynos i've been to they've put the Wideband O2 in the rear of hte exhaust... regardless of cats so I guess it doesn't matter)
Old 06-08-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, so would the 5 volt range screw with the pcm if you used the rear o2 channels cause the stock ones only have a 1 volt range?
Old 06-08-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

you need a controller for the wideband, so you could not simply just plug them in.

I know some of the wideband controllers have outputs in 0-1 volts

I've always wondered if you could just remove the codes for the high voltage for the rear o2 sensors, and put 5 volts into the computer.

im not willing to risk my pcm to find out though.

Ryan.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow
you need a controller for the wideband, so you could not simply just plug them in.

I know some of the wideband controllers have outputs in 0-1 volts

I've always wondered if you could just remove the codes for the high voltage for the rear o2 sensors, and put 5 volts into the computer.

im not willing to risk my pcm to find out though.

Ryan.
That brings up another question though. Why not just route the controllers 0-1 V signal to the stock rear O2 sensor wire?

Then you could either monitor the signal in mV like a regular O2 or create a seperate PID(EFILive) that uses the signal and the conversion factor for whatever controller to see the actual AFR.

That way you could have your A/C still on and monitor AFR at the same time. No sweating and stinking up your car then.

BTW, I use a wideband in the rear O2 with cats and it doesn't seem to cause any crazy readings.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

i have done that, with the 0-1 scale on a friends car, but havent' tested it yet.

motor is apart

Ryan.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This would be great if the wiring of the Innovate wideband could be adapted to the four wire of the stock GM wiring plug. Anyone know if the wiring pinouts are the same as the factory Corvette harness?

Quick Reply: wideband for rear o2's