Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cylinder wash out with injector size

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cylinder wash out with injector size

So I have a 60k mile car that I just put heads and cam in. I upgraded to 42 lbs injectors. So I got a mail order tune and started the car. Had horrible excessive fuel and car would barley run once in closed loop. It would run if I kept giving it more throttle but died every time I tried to get it to idle. Found out the injectors in the tune were set at stock. So I was dumping tons of fuel in the motor. I would say it even ran for more than maybe 5 min. It was open header too so it was pushing the extra fuel out the exhaust. Is it possible that I could have washed out a cylinder? Don't think I did but wanted some opinions?
Old 09-15-2015, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

It is very possible especially with injectors that big. What PSI were the 42 lb injectors rated at?

I would personally check the plugs, check for gas in the oil and change accordingly. Get the correct updated tune and try to restart it.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No harm is done with 5 min of running the engine. It needs longer that that to damage it.
I wouldn't drive it that way tho. Install stock injectors and drive to the tuner, then change injectors there.

Quick Reply: Cylinder wash out with injector size