PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

How to handle motor vs N2O tune on the fly

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015 | 03:20 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Default How to handle motor vs N2O tune on the fly

I know many are using tuning software like HP ect but is there a way to be able to have multiple tunes available at the flip of a switch similar to how the ford guys do it? Like a 4 bank flip chip?

I'm talking about being in the car on the street and needing to switch to an N2O tune right then and there without having to hook up a handheld or laptop and load a tune over the existing one.

How is everyone dealing with this? Do you just run the N2O tune at all times on the street and let all motor performance fall where it may, or is there now a solution available that allows for a flip chip? I'm talking about something like this which is easily accessible without having to power up a laptop and software or go through menus on a hand held.

http://www.mustangpowerparts.com/cohobeforsct.html
Old 11-30-2015 | 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep its called the LNC-2000. It will allow you instantly pull timing once the nitrous is activated
Old 11-30-2015 | 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

Several timing retard options are available including the one mentioned above. For a different tune at the flip of a switch I believe Efi love offers this option as a custom operating system. Several people have used an IAT tricking device I have seen it recently on the forum where it will let you acess in used cells in the tune but you lose the IAT reading while on spray.
Old 11-30-2015 | 05:53 PM
On The Tree

I used the iat tricker for awhile. It works good. What I didn't realize was that it considerably affects your fueling too so you have to get the fuel jet right too. I think people are having success with using the coolant temp sensor over the iat with better results. No need for a fancy box?
Old 11-30-2015 | 06:16 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

I found some details here. I'm on SD tune, so no IAT tricker for me.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...mp-sensor.html

Is there switch that is plug and play involving the coolant temp sensor, or do I have to use a homemade solution involving the use of relays, resistors, tapping into computer, wot switch etc.
Old 12-01-2015 | 11:27 AM
On The Tree

You use a relay but wire it to the cts instead of iat. Then work your tune timing accordingly.

Quick Reply: How to handle motor vs N2O tune on the fly