Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok so I'm calling out diablosport or any one with an intune1000

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok so I'm calling out diablosport or any one with an intune1000

So here it goes before I get blasted I was recommended the intune 1000 by a shop that told me this would be everything I hoped and dreamed for. While I am able to adjust some parameters on this unit I feel kind of cheated. What is the point on spending 550 on this when I can get a good dyno tune for 500 or less. I called Diablo to see what gives and they said I need the software to write my own custom tunes but I can't purchase it because I am not a vendor. If you can't tell me why I shouldn't run this thing over or use it on my wife's suv then please give me some tuning tips on the thing. I have longtubes or 228r cam ls6 intake and slp lid on a 2000 z28. I am putting 4.10 gears in the car next week and I noticed that there is no re gear or adjustment for gearing. I have used the data log function to read my ltf and stf curves and maf and o2 sensors and adjusting the spark and fuel seem to only minimally affect any of the readings what gives or on the engine in general. Question 2 is for nitrous I have nitrous but am afraid to install it as the intune is my source of tune. Is there a way for me to adjust for nitrous on the fly with this tuner or will it require yet another 150 dollar custom tune? I have used the search function so don't be a dick! I have read about lew and seen that people are happy with his work so that may be my next step, but still angry that I have to spend more for a tune when I bought a tuner that supposedly rivaled the predator.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hp tuners or efi live if you really want to be able to tune , you bought half a tuner unfortunately
Old 11-16-2015, 05:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We clearly advertise the available parameters on our website. There is no handheld tuner available that offers close to the amount of adjustment we do for any GM application, for sure.

The cam swap you mention is enough to warrant a custom tune.
There are quite a few things that need to be adjusted to dial in even a mild cam properly, that simply cant be done through a handheld interface.

The tool will allow you to pull timing at WOT for use with N2O, that is a popular function with many of our users. Adjusting the tune on the fly is not a simple option in any case, you'll generally need to flash a new tune for use with N2O or connect a 3rd party ignition controller to pull timing on the fly.

If the tool is missing the gear ratio setting, email me the backup and last tune written files from the tunes folder on the intune drive and I'll set you up with a tune to dial in the speedo.

I dont know if you checked our forums, but we offer lots of info on how to use the tools to datalog and adjust the tune based on the logs, start here:
https://forum.diablosport.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=917

Thanks
Old 11-16-2015, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With many mods you should get a dyno tune.
Diablo is best for bolt ons, or wanting to run a lower octane fuel, different things.

I would do a dyno tune if I was going to cam and spray.
Hell I have a dyno tune on my bolt on car
Old 11-19-2015, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a giant waste of money if you ask me. Sorry babyd.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Diablo makes a great product when used in the correct application. A stock car with minor stuff done. For mods you've done the car needs a full blown pro dyno tune.

Can't knock the product for a lack of research on your part. 5 minutes on here and you would have had your answer and a myriad of factual reasons to back it up.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
We clearly advertise the available parameters on our website. There is no handheld tuner available that offers close to the amount of adjustment we do for any GM application, for sure.

The cam swap you mention is enough to warrant a custom tune.
There are quite a few things that need to be adjusted to dial in even a mild cam properly, that simply cant be done through a handheld interface.

The tool will allow you to pull timing at WOT for use with N2O, that is a popular function with many of our users. Adjusting the tune on the fly is not a simple option in any case, you'll generally need to flash a new tune for use with N2O or connect a 3rd party ignition controller to pull timing on the fly.

If the tool is missing the gear ratio setting, email me the backup and last tune written files from the tunes folder on the intune drive and I'll set you up with a tune to dial in the speedo.

I dont know if you checked our forums, but we offer lots of info on how to use the tools to datalog and adjust the tune based on the logs, start here:
https://forum.diablosport.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=917

Thanks
Thanks for the reply mike. My next question is after i get a real dyno tune qould you reccomend using the intune to piggyback my pcm's tune for nitrous ie pulling timing. What is your email so i can send you my tune file to adjust for my gears.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sure, be sure to restore the stock tune before you have it dyno tuned, then let the tool read the new tune out as the backup, and use the modify stock tune option to pull some timing at WOT, etc.

Thanks

Quick Reply: ok so I'm calling out diablosport or any one with an intune1000