Sponsored by:

98 LS1 Bank 1 No Fuel & No Spark

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98 LS1 Bank 1 No Fuel & No Spark

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie who was able to succeed swapping an LS into a 74 Firebird just by reading the articles on Hp Tuners & LS1Tech written by all of you who are so much experienced wout any comparison to mine
Finally I had come to the last step. I mean almost... I was just about to take the car out of the garage for the maiden voyage however, I've got nothing on the left side of the engine. Neither spark no fuel activity...
I've checked all the fuses of my Techrods aftermarket harness, I've checked spark first by taking out all of them one by one and examining if there's anything changed with the idle, I've checked coils by replacing them on opposite sides, i even replaced them with spare coils that i had around, I've checked fuel pressure as 4 bar steady as i have racetronix 255lp pump, I've swapped injectors on opposite sides but Nothing has changed with the Bank 1

The car is apart from being pig rich, it's running on 4 cylinders and can not even climb a short hill. The Bank 1 O2 sensor is lean and the Bank 2 is as rich as Dan Bilzerian.
Here's my tune (I know it looks like ****-zero experience / I was about to do LTFT tuning, that is why my MAF is set out to zero value)

I have checked and read through all the articles as far as i could find but i wasn't able to come up with any solution. I'd really appreciate if i could get ANY help with this issue.
I've started this swap three years ago and i missed my car like crazy. And this is the only problem that i have which keeps me away from the driver's seat. And i know that it should be a real tiny problem for you guys with plenty of knowledge but for a guy like me without any experience, this is a real pita.

Looking forward to hear from You soon,

Regards Mert
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
1st.hpl (69.2 KB, 56 views)
Old 12-04-2015, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Bump!
Old 12-04-2015, 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you have 12V power to injectors and ignition coil with engine running and verified with a DVOM sounds like a power problem in the harness to me. Is the pcm you are using correctly flashed for the platform you are working on.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You may possibly have ignition coil subharenss swapped across banks
Old 12-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Talking

Hi Guys!
Thank You so much for the responses. I think i have found the problem which happened to be a simple ground from the pcm. I think the grounding within my aftermarket harness had been damaged somehow...
I had splined a new cable from the right bank ground to the left bank and the left side came out roaring.

Here's another subject...

Today i had done logging with my 99 Z28 for about 200 miles on the highways of Turkey (where there's no speed limit)
Other than too much knock retard which i put the blame on my cracked exhaust, everything looks fine with my LTFTs i guess.
But if someone has any critics about my tune, please do so.

I am eager to learn everything.
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: 98 LS1 Bank 1 No Fuel & No Spark