Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick EFILive question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Quick EFILive question

I wasn't sure if this was something I should just email EFILive about or not, but I thought it would be a quick answer for folks on here.

I recently bought an '04 LS1-powered car that was tuned by RPM Speed on EFILive. Because they tuned it, I don't have the interface to view/change anything myself. I emailed RPM, and they said that they do not lock the tunes.

If I wanted to pick up FlashScan, I wouldn't need a license since the PCM already has a license on it from when it was tuned, correct? I would just need to buy the FlashScan interface and cables from somewhere/one, and then download the software?

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2015, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Licenses are not stored in the PCM. You would need a license on your cable.

Last edited by 2xLS1; 12-27-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Ah, ok. Alright, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for someone selling something with a license available.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can buy additional licenses once the ones that come with a new cable are used up.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you just want to view PID's a cheapo bluetooth OBDII adapter and the Torque Pro app on your smartphone or tablet will do,for tuning and or changes you will need the EFIlive unit and a licence.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you do find a used EFILive FlashScan, get it's serial number, and post on the EFILive forum to find out what it's capabilities are (GM, Cummins, Scan & Tune, Scan Only, and for V1 if it can add licences).
Old 12-28-2015, 07:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Coup D E'Tat
I wasn't sure if this was something I should just email EFILive about or not, but I thought it would be a quick answer for folks on here.

I recently bought an '04 LS1-powered car that was tuned by RPM Speed on EFILive. Because they tuned it, I don't have the interface to view/change anything myself. I emailed RPM, and they said that they do not lock the tunes.

If I wanted to pick up FlashScan, I wouldn't need a license since the PCM already has a license on it from when it was tuned, correct? I would just need to buy the FlashScan interface and cables from somewhere/one, and then download the software?

Thanks!
If they didnt use a custom OS (doubt they did) you can use any tuning software, it doesn't have to be efi live to data log and make changes. If you want to buy efi live I would look for a V2. I agree with Joe, before buying one used post the serial number on the efi forum to make sure its what you need.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Awesome. Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Quick Reply: Quick EFILive question