PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed ABS and Traction control...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed ABS and Traction control...

I have a 99 Camaro with an LS6 and supercharged. I removed the abs and traction control. I added the line lock and proportioning valve.
Now, I am getting DTC codes U1000 and U1040, yes I would have expected the u1040 but using EFi it is set to No Mil in engine DTC MIL enablers and X- not reported in Engine DTC Processing enablers. This sets the "Service Vehicle" light, along with the Brake and ABS/INOP Lights.

Some direction as to how to turn off the service engine and brake lights would be appreciated. My under standing for the ABS/INOP the only to turn that off was either you cut one leg of the lLED or put black tape over it.

Thank you
Old 01-13-2016, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure why ur getting codes... buy yeah, u can cut the led out, black tape or send in cluster to had the professionally removed.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Disable the SES enable and set the code to 3-No error report
I do it all the time
Old 01-15-2016, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've always removed the cluster and broke the led off the circuit board with needle nose pliers.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Bimp, still having the problem, u1040 is set to not reported, in engine DTC processing enablers it is set to Not reported and in Engine DTC MIL Enablers it is set to No Mil.
Please any new ideaers would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-20-2016, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

Disable the MIL enabler and Set the DTC to 3-No error reported
Setting it to No Mil only prevents the SES light to light, however you can see the DTC with a scantool.

It may be a good idea to post a copy of your tune
Old 01-20-2016, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
Disable the MIL enabler and Set the DTC to 3-No error reported
Setting it to No Mil only prevents the SES light to light, however you can see the DTC with a scantool.

It may be a good idea to post a copy of your tune
He is using EFI Live, from his post above "u1040 is set to not reported, in engine DTC processing enablers it is set to Not reported and in Engine DTC MIL Enablers it is set to No Mil"

Thats the same in HPT as 3 no error reported just worded different in EFI Live.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Well If the code is properly turned Off, then another module is setting it ON (not the PCM).
You need to find which module the DTC is coming from.

However I find it strange, I just deleted the ABS/TCS to a 99 firebird and turned the codes OFF, no problems so far. Of course ABS/TCS light on the cluster won't go off but no DTCs after a few weeks.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:55 PM
Teching In

However I find it strange, I just deleted the ABS/TCS to a 99 firebird and turned the codes OFF, no problems so far. Of course ABS/TCS light on the cluster won't go off but no DTCs after a few weeks.
Which codes did you turn off?

Other people have played with this code, and I am not sure completely what they have done. Is it possible a PID is doing it? as soon as you clear the code it returns in 2 or 3 seconds.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

I don't have my tuning laptop right now, but I deleted all ABS/TCS codes.
In HPtuners you disable the test unchecking the SES Enable, then set the code behavior to 3-No error reported.

Does your car have the traction control system with an additional box with a motor and a cable to the throttle body?
If this is true, maybe the BCM is tripping the code not the PCM.
All modules in the car are hooked to a communication network, all of them can trip codes and turn cluster lights on. Since we don't have reprogramming capabilities to the other modules, you may not be able to turn it off.

Check where the DTC is coming from. HPT scanner does not tell you that, I was thinking EFI did. A more advanced scantool will tell you where the DTC is coming from (Powertrain, ABS, Body, Restraints, etc)
Old 01-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Does your car have the traction control system with an additional box with a motor and a cable to the throttle body?
Yes
If this is true, maybe the BCM is tripping the code not the PCM.
All modules in the car are hooked to a communication network, all of them can trip codes and turn cluster lights on. Since we don't have reprogramming capabilities to the other modules, you may not be able to turn it off.

Check where the DTC is coming from. HPT scanner does not tell you that, I was thinking EFI did. A more advanced scantool will tell you where the DTC is coming from (Powertrain, ABS, Body, Restraints, etc)
The only codes I turned off U1040 and U1000 are the only ones coming back with errors.

My understanding was everything HPtun can do, EFi will do, so I think I have not turned off enough yet. Some thoughts on what I may have missed, would be appreciated.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

email me your tune or post it and I will look at it. Email is in sig below.

Quick Reply: Removed ABS and Traction control...