PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

BTR IV Cam/Fast 102/DBW LS2- wants to stall when pressing in the clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016 | 07:06 AM
On The Tree

Default BTR IV Cam/Fast 102/DBW LS2- wants to stall when pressing in the clutch

SBE, AFR heads/BTR Stage 4 Cam/Fast 102 with LS2 90mm TB with a clean up port job on the inlet side only/Vmaxx ring. Car runs amazing from 1500-7k rpm but for some reason no matter what we adjust it just won't catch the idle when you first press in the clutch when coming to a stop. It wants to swing very rich and choke the motor down to 2-300 rpm'S or stall completely sometimes. If you press the clutch and tap the gas peddle it will catch the idle almost every time.

What is the proper ECT scaler for a LS2 TB? I did some research but came up with a few different answeres. My car seemed to like a larger ECT # vs. stock ECT scaler for ls1 tb

Also we adjusted throttle cracker, Throttle follower and a few other things and it didn't seem to change a whole lot. Idles set around 900rpm
Old 06-02-2016 | 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

My car did the same thing, but my builder/tuner raised the idle some and now I don't have the issue at all. Mine wasn't as bad as what you're describing, but maybe try raising the idle speed and see if that helps.

By the way, that combo you have sounds bad ***. Have you had it on the dyno yet?
Old 06-02-2016 | 09:47 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Your profile indicates a 02 C5, you have to enable rolling idle. If you log the follower & cracker you should see they disable clutch in rolling.

Are you the tuner?

Scaler #'s I would call tuners choice a few different ways of getting to the end number. All seem to work if the tuner works
Old 06-02-2016 | 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Im not the one doing the tuning on the car, I'm having a good freind do the tuning who is a damn Good Fbody guy and like I said the car is making some crazy power , its just the idles driving us nuts, he's never messed with DBW **** when someone went with a huge intake and a newer style throttle body before! we were adjusting the rolling idle yesterday and it didn't seem to do nothing? Is there somthing mechanicale I could be missing? I routed my PCV and valve cover breathers identical to a factory LS2 routing. Intake was Torqued then checked a few times after.. Could TB be bad??
Old 06-02-2016 | 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
My car did the same thing, but my builder/tuner raised the idle some and now I don't have the issue at all. Mine wasn't as bad as what you're describing, but maybe try raising the idle speed and see if that helps.

By the way, that combo you have sounds bad ***. Have you had it on the dyno yet?
Raised idle up to 1100 and down to 800 and every were Inbetween... Didn't change anything as far as stalling out. Sounds the best around. 900fwiw lol

No hasn't been on the dyno yet, just street pulls. Its going on the dyno to see were its at next week. It's 11.5:1 comp also. Just from some street pulls vs friends with known horse power wth Corvettes id bet a good bit of cash its close to 500whp NA.. I have a plate kit that I need to finish installing and I'll probably put another 150 to it
Old 06-02-2016 | 10:15 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

I suspect the rolling is not enabled correctly, it works.

I'm a vette guy, if your friend wants to forward a copy of your tune I'm assuming HPT I would have a look.

Nothing wrong with your TB, DBW gives guys fit's @ times......rolling idle is one.

Tell him to log the Cracker & Follower & go for a drive, push the clutch while you are rolling & he should understand what is happening.
Old 06-02-2016 | 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Awesome I'll txt him about that and I'll get you a copy of the tune. And yes it's HPtuners
Old 06-02-2016 | 03:18 PM
On The Tree

If you still need it, here is the LS2 TB stuff in my tune.
Attached Thumbnails BTR IV Cam/Fast 102/DBW LS2- wants to stall when pressing in the clutch-untitled5.jpg  
Old 06-03-2016 | 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Omg perfect!!! Thanks guys! Still waiting for my buddy to email me my tune
Old 06-03-2016 | 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man I was hoping this was for an F-body so I could see what fixes it. I'm having the same issue but haven't been back to the tuner. Probably going to have to drill my tb blade if he can't fix by tuning.

Quick Reply: BTR IV Cam/Fast 102/DBW LS2- wants to stall when pressing in the clutch