Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No 4th gear after dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No 4th gear after dyno tune

I put my new trans in yesterday. Then today I got my car dyno tuned, (02 ss 376ci,78mm turbo, 4l65). Made some pulls on the dyno, I believe 3rd gear, with the converter unlocked. Then went to some hot drivability issues. I drove the car through heavy traffic just about all the way home. I noticed my rpm' s were a little high. I had a few things to take care of, then took my car on the highway. It won't up shift out of 3rd, OD is like D. I have HP tuners and can navigate a bit.
Can anyone tell me where I can look to make sure it is tune related, and not a problem with the trans it's self. The guy who tuned it is closed till Monday, and I would like to take my car up to see my brother Sunday. Which is a 200 mile trip all highway go figure

I am attaching a screen shot of a table that does not look right possibly?
It is under Trans>auto shift speed>full throttle shift speed>normal

Thanks for any help
Old 06-18-2016, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is a WOT shift table. You have to be over 152 MPH for a WOT 3-4 shift to occur. There is also a WOT RPM table that has to be exceeded. Both events have to happen at WOT to command the shift. If you are saying that it won't 3-4 shift at part throttle there is a different table for that with various TPS settings vs MPH for part throttle shifting. You can data log commanded gear with the scanner to see if the PCM is commanding the shift and it is not occurring (trans problem) or if it is not commanding the shift.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
That is a WOT shift table. You have to be over 152 MPH for a WOT 3-4 shift to occur. There is also a WOT RPM table that has to be exceeded. Both events have to happen at WOT to command the shift. If you are saying that it won't 3-4 shift at part throttle there is a different table for that with various TPS settings vs MPH for part throttle shifting. You can data log commanded gear with the scanner to see if the PCM is commanding the shift and it is not occurring (trans problem) or if it is not commanding the shift.

Thanks, I was wondering why it was under the wot **** table. Under it it says normal, and the other values were low? Goes to show how much I have to learn.
And thanks for the info, I had seen TPS vs MPH in the trans tables som whare, just need to find it.

Quick Reply: No 4th gear after dyno tune