PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction control light comes on and the transmission starts acting goofy

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control light comes on and the transmission starts acting goofy

I'm hoping this is in the right section and someone has ran into this problem before.

I have an 01 ta that has an issue I thought was related to voltage, but turns out it isn't. My traction control light will just come on out of the blue and when it does, the car has to reach around 2200rpms before it will shift into the next gear (A4). It also will not lock the converter at normal speed (55mph) and I also cannot force lockup at 45mph by hitting the cruise control like I normally can. Then all of the sudden the light will go off and everything runs fine. It shows code C0240 and no other codes. Today it didn't happen at all, but I only drove it to work and back which is 4 miles each way. Yesterday it came on as soon as I back out of the driveway.

Could it be related to any of the wheel sensors for abs or anything? I'm going to start checking this weekend hopefully, but if someone could give me a starting point, it would help a lot. Btw, when the tcs light goes back off, you can hit the button to turn it off and the light comes on. Doing it that way does not affect how the car shifts or anything. I really don't know what would cause the transmission to be affected by the tcs system.

Thanks

Dave
Old 11-02-2016, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20C0240.htm
Old 11-02-2016, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot for the link

Quick Reply: Traction control light comes on and the transmission starts acting goofy