Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High IAC After New Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default High IAC After New Injectors

I changed to a Flex Fuel OS which warranted new larger injectors. Now I'm having a VERY hard time with cold start and IACs. At first I was having AFR issues but that's been taken care of. When I get it to run it idles around 14.5 AFR hot (185*) at 65ish KPA. Now I've noticed that my IACs stay above 115 hot idle where-as before the injector install they were at 60-65. When I try to open the throttle body blade to lower the counts I surpass the TPS voltage threshold and the RPMS shoot up. As of now the TPS volts sit at .57 with the TPS % at .4 with 115+ IACs. For some reason with the car off but key on the TPS % is zero and the voltage reads .55, it then jumps to .4% and .57 volts with the car running. I will, if I have to, drill the blade but I want that to be my last resort. I'm trying to tackle one problem at a time so any help OR suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,152 Posts

Ok unless you didn't change injector data, basically it sounds like its working right.

When you turn set screw to a higher voltage, the TPS sees throttle. 0.4% is the lowest it will typically see.

Set your bolts to .59. Then unplug TPS. Key on engine off for a minute. Key off and plug in sensor. That should zero your TPS at 0.59 volts

Quick Reply: High IAC After New Injectors