PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

did i fry my pcm?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did i fry my pcm?

i put a 5.3L out of a 01 gmc in my 04 dodge ram i had the pcm sent off for mail order tune... tune file was from a 2000 camaro 5.7 my 5.3 is cammed but anyway i got it back truck ran pretty good so i wanted to make a few changes so i bought a hp tuners pro... changed a few thing and everything was going great until the 3rd write... it got half way threw and it failed/timed out... so i tried again and then it said boot loader failed and continues to say that.... pulled the battery, charged it let it sit over night and gave it a shot again but this time it wrote the changes i made but the truck wont start and the fuel pump isnt kicking on or anything... did my pcm fry? im a noob to tuning im just learning as i go and what i read on the internet and watch on youtube haha... i do have a pcm from a 2000 silverado 5.3 should i just use another 2 credits and write my tune file onto that? or does anyone have any clue whats going on and what im doing wrong? any help would be great
Old 05-30-2017, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ima bump this back TTT. Sometimes it takes a while to get help. My opinion is that it sounds like it's bricked.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It's probably not fried but in just in a state where HPT and the vehicle can't recognize it. We can recover them most of the time for cheaper than replacing the pcm and and buying new license for it.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

If the scanner is still "connected" you will get that message.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

try turning everything off, reboot the computer, and unplug the HP tuners box from the USB before you reboot the computer. when the computer is back up and running, then plug the interface back into the usb, and start your hp tuners after that. that will ensure that windows did not interrupt the programming by installing an updated driver or something to that effect.

Maybe that will work. But I am not promising anything as far as HP tuners goes.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
It's probably not fried but in just in a state where HPT and the vehicle can't recognize it. We can recover them most of the time for cheaper than replacing the pcm and and buying new license for it.
I am gonna send you a PM in just a minute, I have a question for you..

Quick Reply: did i fry my pcm?