Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley EFI on 98 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Holley EFI on 98 Trans Am

Anyone have tips on installing aftermarket EFI on a 98 Trans Am? what all do I need to tie into? Id like the factory gauges to work, ABS, etc. I'm guessing I can tie into the OEM with an RPM signal for tach, add temp sensor to the right rear head for coolant temp, Fuel gauge will still work. Will the ABS still work or does it need something? what about speedo? can you tap into the VSS? I read the 98 was still analog gauges so I think that will be easier. thanks for any help
Old 06-11-2017, 07:12 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a few questions.
A4 or 6spd?
I haven't researched the 98 PCM yet but I'm working on a Piggy Back Plug & Play Holley harness for GM applications. Let me know if I can help.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eldogg
A4 or 6spd?
I haven't researched the 98 PCM yet but I'm working on a Piggy Back Plug & Play Holley harness for GM applications. Let me know if I can help.
Have you finished this plug and play harness? Very interested in this! What applications are you working on?
Old 11-17-2017, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a good thread from a couple of years ago that I saved that specifically talks about 1998 f-bodies https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...dominator.html
Old 11-17-2017, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Eldogg
A4 or 6spd?
A piggy back system w/Holley EFI would open a lot doors in the 98+ f-bodys. I've seen MS3pro systems piggy backed on 98+ f-bodys. A local shop here in Lincoln, NE "The Shop, Inc." has done it with Sketchy Vert an 02 I believe 1000+hp T/A.

Your with Detroit Speed, that DSE-Z is an absolute animal love it!! That build has really made me second guess my 01 Z as I've always had a soft spot for nice 3rd gens, killer build you guys!!
Old 11-17-2017, 12:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

We prefer for a much cleaner install stall and remove the 20 year old wiring and inaccurate cluster and use the Holley touch screen. While its not for everyone a stock cluster is in a 98 is very inaccurate, I wouldnt trust any of the readings off the stock cluster on a performance build.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 862 Likes on 613 Posts

You need to split the crank and cam signals so both the stock ECU and the Holley see them.

The more challenging part is figuring out what size resistor you need for the crank signal to make both ECU's happy.

You will need an oscilloscope and an adjustable pot to figure out the resistance you need.

Quick Reply: Holley EFI on 98 Trans Am