Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order tunes

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail order tunes

I'm currently in the process of building a new engine for my FBody I cracked a piston in my 5.7l. so I bought a new 5.3l bored to 5.7l iron block. was curious on a mail order tune. because ive bought a heads/cam package from TSP, have headers going in. and eventually a intake and injectors to help out with the cam and heads package later on when I get the engine running and find the money somewhere.
who do you all recommend for mail order tune. ive heard TSP are good. but curious for the people who have built engines and done this multiple times.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mail order tunes should not be an end all be all tune. Sure sometimes a vendor can nail a tune 100% and get lucky. But nothing replaces having the vehicle there in front of the tuner on a chassis dyno so they can watch all parameters and really dial it in. I would say get a mail order tune to simply get you on the road and then take it to have it dialed in on a dyno.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Teching In

That's what my plan was originally. Because where I live there are 0 performance shops. So I was just going to use the Mail order tune until I find a shop I trust to do a dyno tune
Old 06-14-2017, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6GMguy
I'm currently in the process of building a new engine for my FBody I cracked a piston in my 5.7l. so I bought a new 5.3l bored to 5.7l iron block. was curious on a mail order tune. because ive bought a heads/cam package from TSP, have headers going in. and eventually a intake and injectors to help out with the cam and heads package later on when I get the engine running and find the money somewhere.
who do you all recommend for mail order tune. ive heard TSP are good. but curious for the people who have built engines and done this multiple times.
My opinion is that you should go directly to a dyno or street tune. You can probably do all your mods and drive to the tuner, swap your injectors there and have them adjust for them and tune, that's what I have done several times.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

we have a sponsor who can do it. LSX power tuning
Old 06-14-2017, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

TSP and LSX power tuning can both get you a mail order tune to work had good interactions with both of them.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Which is best bang for the buck?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Mail order tuning can work if you have a wideband and can take logs. It just takes longer than doing it in person... but it's the same as what a tuner does in a street tune. They set a baseline tune, you got take logs with the wideband, and adjustments are made based on both your feedback and the data shown in the logs...

Quick Reply: Mail order tunes