Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High negative fuel trims/p1153

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default High negative fuel trims/p1153

So I have had an intermittent unstable idle for the last month and tripped a code when it did it again last night(first time for the code) p1153. Slow o2 switching, but it when it's switching the voltage drops completely and spikes into the high 900s so shouldn't that say it's still good?

When looking at my trims while driving they spike to what I think is a lot, into the -30s range.

Even after my tune the car runs fine but always smells rich and the gas mileage sucks. Did some quick data logging and sent it off to trifecta but with the holiday I figure it will be a bit before I get a response. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this. Car has been tuned for 4-5 months and this is the first time with a code. The rear o2 codes are shut off and the car is pretty mild, ls2 cold air, long tubes and high flows.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 553 Likes on 429 Posts

Did the maf get recalibrated? Any time I make changes to airflow i recalibrate the maf sensor. It's kinda like tuning your ve table but the maf is used in running much more than ve. I'm still learning but I've finally got my fuel trims less than 1% on my short terms and long terms. I do have some trim fluctuations at idle for some reason but I'm using a custom made 90mm maf housing with an ls3 car maf sensor on a car that came with a 75mm ls1 sensor.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure, this is kinda the problem with mail order tunes. It's a best guess.

Quick Reply: High negative fuel trims/p1153