Other Explain
8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Holley HP VS Stock PCM

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those saying you don't NEED the Holley, they are right. However, it is extremely nice system and if you can justify the expense, do what YOU want to do. Ive ran 411 for many years and tuned stock ecus and Holley EFI systems, and for what I want to do with my car, I chose Holley EFI.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TrikeMike
For those saying you don't NEED the Holley, they are right. However, it is extremely nice system and if you can justify the expense, do what YOU want to do. Ive ran 411 for many years and tuned stock ecus and Holley EFI systems, and for what I want to do with my car, I chose Holley EFI.
Can you get the stock gauges to run off the Holley setups? I've seen guys run the MS3Pros and able to run off the factory f-body gauges.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by gagliano7
All my injector data is accurate and all my ve and maf tables are dead on with the wideband. I couldn't believe how the new injectors were so far off ve and maf wise compared to the old ones.The new ones were 20% lean compared to the old ones everywhere even WOT but at wot they are only at 60% duty cycle. I am guessing it has to do with the battery offset differences.
Well that means your data isn't accurate if you swapped injectors and had a 20% difference in fueling.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neblackshirts
Can you get the stock gauges to run off the Holley setups? I've seen guys run the MS3Pros and able to run off the factory f-body gauges.
You could piggyback the stock ECU to run the gauges. Aside from that, I don't know of a good way to keep all of the gauges. I personally went with the 7" Holley touchscreen. It is pricey but it is worth it in my opinion.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
Well that means your data isn't accurate if you swapped injectors and had a 20% difference in fueling.
Data for the 8.1 injectors were from a gm truck tune. The new Deatschwerk injector data is right from them so i can't see how i have the wrong data. When i went from stock LM7 injectors to the 8.1 injectors i didn't have to change the ve or maf.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:27 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by gagliano7
Data for the 8.1 injectors were from a gm truck tune. The new Deatschwerk injector data is right from them so i can't see how i have the wrong data. When i went from stock LM7 injectors to the 8.1 injectors i didn't have to change the ve or maf.
Well that's because the DW data isn't accurate. I've yet to see a set of those injectors that are anywhere near what they should be.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

I guess that is possible but they swear they have tested there data. There injectors are different then stock where stock has 2 holes and DW has 4 holes. When i got the tune dialed in with there data it ran smoother than the stock injectors. Of course a month after the injector install one went bad and leaked enough so cylinder one wouldn't fire at idle. Everything i have read on DW injectors have been positive.

Quick Reply: Holley HP VS Stock PCM