Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released) - Page 15 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Reload this Page >

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Old 12-19-2018, 03:55 PM
TECH Veteran

for some reason that link isnt going to a product

can I assume its the USBBDM NT ?
Old 12-19-2018, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by truckdoug View Post
for some reason that link isnt going to a product

can I assume its the USBBDM NT ?
You are correct
Old 01-01-2019, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've sent copies of the write side of the app to every one that PM'd me and had the tools to repair a PCM if something goes wrong. This is now in their hands to test the app and see how stable it is and what issues they may run into.

I expect there will be at least 2 or 3 revisions tested before moving to a public release.

The version being tested is 100% functional for the P01 and the P59 and supports 2 of the 3 possible recovery modes.

Type of flash supported:
Calibration flash - what you would use while making changes to a pcm generally for tuning purposes.

Complete Operating system flash - This will allow you to flash your PCM to an OS that has XDF support in the event your OS isn't support yet. This could also be used if switching to a custom OS for flex fuel or boost support but currently XDF's that have these type of features are still in development.

PCM Cloning - This will take a pcm and flash the entire bin file to it including learned crank sensor values, vats data, vehicle ID code(BCC) , Vin number, Seed/Key, Serial number etc. Once the pcm is flashed it will be identical in every way possible to the pcm that the source file was read from.

Once this is released It would be STRONGLY advisable that you would clone what ever PCM you plan to work with and put your original pcm up some place safe. This was if at any point something does go wrong you can still put your original pcm back in with out disabling your vehicle. Lets face it your dealing with a free app on one of the most unreliable software platforms in the world(Android) using hardware that was never expected(or intended) to be used in this manner and be editing your bin file with Tuner Pro definitions that are user contributed and have had every value in the Xdf calculated by hand. This is going to be the equivalent of playing Russian roulette to start with. As many people can tell you, I will do every thing I can to help those that run into problems but there are bound to be some unlucky soles before the smoke clears so making sure you have your stock PCM to fall back on in case you end up being one of the unlucky users is still going to be your best bet.

If there is any one else that is capable of recovering a pcm and would like to test the pre-release version of this shoot me a PM and I'll get a copy out to you.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

houston, we have liftoff!

Old 01-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Awesome developments! Keep up the good work 👍🏻
Old 01-11-2019, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not much to report yet, have sent out about a dozen copies of the write side of the app. No one has come back screaming that anythings broken or blown up yet and about half of the people testing have given positive feedback but I get the impression that people are not using it all that much. So for now it's still just a waiting game while I sit here waiting to collect feedback.....good or bad.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

again, my apologies pete. I've been overwhelmed selling my house. I will make time to do more testing this weekend
Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Made some improvements that optimized things a bit more and was able to speed things up a bit. Here's a calibration flash that's done in real time...as in this has not been speed up, its exactly how it was recorded from my phone.

Old Today, 02:48 AM
TECH Regular

You guys are fightin' the good fight. Please keep on fightin'
Old Today, 11:38 AM
Launching!

I'll do some more testing this weekend. Hectic couple of weeks for me but so far so good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: