PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it still possible to use this app to simply change the VIN?

I had my truck worked on and he changed my VIN to something he already had Licensed and now my License doesn't work anymore...

Thanks,

-Kyle
Old 01-28-2019, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

yeah it can do that.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Thanks,

Which is the current version and how can I download it?

-Kyle
Old 01-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Launching!

V5.3.1...I already had it!

Thanks, mission accomplished!

-Kyle
Old 01-28-2019, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

I have updated the first post in the thread with download links to the Vin/Serial specific app as well as a couple version of the Read App as well.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Thanks!

A couple things I ran in to that you might like to know.

The 5.3.1.1 App that I used, asked me to confirm whether I had a 1mb PCM or a 512. I wasn't sure, but figured that the 0411 was a 512? It apparently worked, but, of course, I was unsure if maybe I could have done some significant damage. Maybe this Thread details that, but it's now a bunch of pages. Any way for the App to 'divine' the info?

Also, the 'field' that displays the VIN, doesn't appear to be 17 digits wide so I was unable to view it in its entirety, Not a big deal, really except there didn't seem to be anyway to 'scroll' it.

It may be a nice 'upgrade' if the App offered to save/store the 'current' VIN. There didn't seem to be anyway to 'highlight' the existing VIN in order to copy/paste it in to a text file. And, after the "Change" button is pressed, the resulting field is blank waiting for input.

Since I think I've already purchased 4 Licenses for this ECM, I really appreciate being able to return it to its correct VIN.

Thanks!

-Kyle
Old 01-31-2019, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a bricked P59 pcm that was tuned with TunerCat. BTW I can suck the files out as bins with TC .
Old 02-02-2019, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69 Ghost
I have a bricked P59 pcm that was tuned with TunerCat. BTW I can suck the files out as bins with TC .
Do you know how or what the conditions were when it was "Bricked"?
Old 02-03-2019, 03:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been meaning to do this for the last week but with the weather and a NASTY cold I haven't found the time or ambulation to speed this much time on my computer.......

What I'm about to show you is the end all of PCM recovery. The ONLY way possible to recover a pcm beyond this point is with a BDM.

Ls Droid > Hp Tuners
Ls Droid > EFI Live
Ls Droid > WinFlash
Ls Droid > LS1 Flash
Ls Droid > Ls1 Flash Tool
Ls Droid >SPS
Ls Droid > Pcm Hammer

No other company, person or tool has ever done or made possible what you are about to see.....Now the method I use to force the PCM into a recovery mode works with every tool listed above but your results will vary based on what recovery mode it boots into. HPT, EFI Live and Winflash have no trouble dealing with mode A2 01, EFI Live and WinFlash are also able to deal with mode A2 02. With that said I have yet to find another tool capable of recovering from an unresponsive PCM that is forcefully booted into mode A2 00, that's not to say one doesn't exist but I have yet to find a tool that can deal with this mode.

Spoiler!
Old 02-03-2019, 09:29 AM

I have been tracking the progress on this project for a while and want to say thank you to you and your team for spending so much time on this.

I have little experience with tuning other then playing with obd1 honda stuff. but will this end up being a easy solution for average Joe to delete vats and emissions junk doing motor swaps? Or do we have to start learning how to read and write hex code to make these programs work for us?

once again thank you for your time. Keep up the solid work.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Agreed, this is an incredible under taking. Thank you Pete for all your time, ignore the haters.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikkie Goswell-Payne
I have been tracking the progress on this project for a while and want to say thank you to you and your team for spending so much time on this.

I have little experience with tuning other then playing with obd1 honda stuff. but will this end up being a easy solution for average Joe to delete vats and emissions junk doing motor swaps? Or do we have to start learning how to read and write hex code to make these programs work for us?

once again thank you for your time. Keep up the solid work.
The Xdf's LRT from Gearhead-EFI has been working on for the last year are rather straight forward to work with

Old 02-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteS160
A full fledged tuning suit on a phone is possible but it's well outside of my ability to create any thing that was comparable to EFI Live, Hp Tuners or any other full blown tuning program. Now that's not to say it can't be done......tuner pro RT has already been ported into Android for OBD I stuff, while XDF's are limited it does open up a possibility though that if my app can do full read/write that the ported version of Tuner Pro could be used to modify the bin and then reflashed with my app.

There is a bluetooth device on the market that cost less then $100 and is capable of 4x high-speed read/write from a hardware perspective and the company has said they are willing to create the firmware for their device to add 4x mode and increase the buffer size to allow 4K read/write blocks( The same size blocks used by the big two tuners) if a commercial program needed such support from the device. I under stand why they haven't added the 4x high-speed yet.....why spend the time developing it if it's not going to sell more of their product.

While Highspeed mode and 4kb blocks would be nice it's not necessary for a full flash it just takes four time longer. For example 1x calibration only write using 2KB blocks in low speed mode takes just over 4 minutes on a 512K pcm and around 7 1/2 minutes for the 1mb pcm. While that's much longer then current commercial products take it's still faster then nothing.
Hi all,
While I agree creating a full-blown tuning package similar to Tuner Pro might be a bit out there, how about something similar to what a Handheld device such as a Livewire TS that can make small adjustments to Idle, gear ratio, tire size etc, as well as select from 2 - 3 preset tunes?

Mike
Old 02-05-2019, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MudDuck514
Hi all,
While I agree creating a full-blown tuning package similar to Tuner Pro might be a bit out there, how about something similar to what a Handheld device such as a Livewire TS that can make small adjustments to Idle, gear ratio, tire size etc, as well as select from 2 - 3 preset tunes?

Mike
That is doable but would be a MASSIVE time sink....far more so then flashing has been. You would need to find and map out every item you wanted to "adjust" in the bin file for EVERY OS you wanted it to work on. What would happen is the same thing that's already happening with XDF's where people want a specific OS even if its a worthless OS to work with but its because it's what their car uses.

Now pre-made "tunes" are a much different story but then your opening up yourself to heat from the EPA.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:05 PM
Teching In

New guy here. Been working professional as a master mechanic for 25ys, and have had to go through the pain using of JAVA apps from the manufacturers to flash pcms. I hate java. I remember when folks used to compile their software before you used it. Now, everything is shipped before it is ready to run. Drives me in circles.
All I can say is holy crap, this is an awesome build of software! Stayed up till 4am reading all of this thread. Got a little OSD seeing the full potential of the project. Kur40 must be glad he chimed in, too.
I tried installing the read only version on my Samsung SM-J320A, and had ordered the OBDLink MX+ unit. But I keep running into "there was a problem parsing the package" error. Is my phone too feeble to use the software, or am I missing something? The 3rd party install box is checked.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vilefly
New guy here. Been working professional as a master mechanic for 25ys, and have had to go through the pain using of JAVA apps from the manufacturers to flash pcms. I hate java. I remember when folks used to compile their software before you used it. Now, everything is shipped before it is ready to run. Drives me in circles.
All I can say is holy crap, this is an awesome build of software! Stayed up till 4am reading all of this thread. Got a little OSD seeing the full potential of the project. Kur40 must be glad he chimed in, too.
I tried installing the read only version on my Samsung SM-J320A, and had ordered the OBDLink MX+ unit. But I keep running into "there was a problem parsing the package" error. Is my phone too feeble to use the software, or am I missing something?
Was the error while installing? If so you will need to enable apps from unknown sources or use the link to the Github download.A lot of phones won't install/run apps from google drive but will let you use apps from Github.

The current read version of the app does not have a min Android version in the app but it likely should, Any version under 5.4 is going to struggle running running the Read App and simply can't run the write app. So I've applied a version check that sets the App to require Android 6.0 and up in the write side of the app I've been sending out to those testing it for me. I've bent over backwards working with people trying to get it to work correctly in older versions and was close to a solution but due to changes in Androids min API level for app to run on newer phones I couldn't support both.

I have not personally tested any version of the App with the Obdlink Mx+ so I can not promise it is going to be compatible but based on my research it should be fine.

Feel free to PM me with a screen shot of the error your running into if its more then an installation error.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Looks like a false alarm. My phone prefers google drive instead. Working now. Using android ver 7.1.1, in case you were curious.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like a false alarm. My phone prefers google drive instead. Working now. Using android ver 7.1.1, in case you were curious.
and it works with the Obdlink Mx+? You'd be the first to use the app with one that's given anyfeed back. I assumed it worked since people that tried it with the app didn't come back crying that it didn't but I do like hearing a solid Yes it worked type of answer
Old 02-10-2019, 11:59 PM
Teching In

The Obdlink Mx+ unit has not arrived yet, but I will let you know. I have my eye on a few Craigslist PCMs, also. I won't be doing any PCM writing at work yet, as the customer with the '39 Ford Business Coupe with a 6.0L is a bit sporadic about when he drops by. I at least will build a test bench for the 0411 pcms. Then I get to find a proper xdf and start my learning curve about custom LS tunes. I expect to see a larger set of tables compared to my 95 LT-1 wagon. The same guy has 4 other LS-equipped classics, also. He will let me tinker around a bit with the tunes, since the people who built the vehicles mostly only knew bodywork. I suspect it will be late spring before he starts showing up to fix random leaks. (neat freak)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Obdlink Mx+ unit has not arrived yet, but I will let you know. I have my eye on a few Craigslist PCMs, also. I won't be doing any PCM writing at work yet, as the customer with the '39 Ford Business Coupe with a 6.0L is a bit sporadic about when he drops by. I at least will build a test bench for the 0411 pcms. Then I get to find a proper xdf and start my learning curve about custom LS tunes. I expect to see a larger set of tables compared to my 95 LT-1 wagon. The same guy has 4 other LS-equipped classics, also. He will let me tinker around a bit with the tunes, since the people who built the vehicles mostly only knew bodywork. I suspect it will be late spring before he starts showing up to fix random leaks. (neat freak)
Depending on where your from most of the Pick-a-Part yards like LKQ sell them pretty cheap. For singles I usually pay around 30-40 bucks depending on what yard I have to go to. You can find them in just about anything these days, trucks, vans hell even the S10 pickups lol. In the Pcm Hammer open source flashing topic a few posts from this one I've posted a table with what service number pcm and vehicle types you can find them in that's maybe 1-2 pages from the end of the thread right now.

Once you get the Mx+ do let me know either way what the outcome is since I've been wondering about it for a while now.

Quick Reply: Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)