PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2020 | 11:12 PM
Teching In

Thank You Pete!

I just ordered a OBDX Pro VT with Bluetooth! I will be using it with the Fire HD 10 I picked up a few weeks ago. I was sure to get the latest Nov-2019 version that runs some amazon modified version of Android 9 (Pie?). I still need to get the google stuff loaded on and then I'll install a fresh copy of LS-Droid 2.2B. This Android stuff is very new to me, but so far the internet has helped me pretty much figure it out. Looking forward to using the OBDX Pro VT + Bluetooth with LS-Droid!

I love the OBDX Pro VT with USB that I bought a month or so ago. I've been using it with my desktop with a bench harness and PCM Hammer. It's crazy fast!
Old 04-28-2020 | 01:52 PM
FFS

Default 06 Denali PCM OS

I have a PCM from a 2006 Denali Pickup, Serv No. 12589463, Hdw No. 12589162.
I'm having a hard time finding a definite answer if this has P59 on it.

I'm guessing it doesn't since I can't read it with LS Droid v0.0.2B and an ODBLink LX.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-28-2020 | 02:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FFS

I'm guessing it doesn't since I can't read it with LS Droid v0.0.2B and an ODBLink LX.

Thanks for any help.
It should be a P59 PCM. The hardware # says it's drive by wire. Not sure why LS Droid is not reading it...
Old 04-28-2020 | 02:22 PM
TECH Resident
5 Year Member

I'm pretty sure that is indeed a P59. I have no idea why you're not able to read from it.

If it's in a vehicle, does the vehicle run?

If it's on the bench, have you tried a different PCM with the same wiring harness that you're using?
Old 04-28-2020 | 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FFS

Thanks for any help.
It will need to be on a bench harness. There are far to many modules in that vehicle for an OBDLink to even try and deal with. Your only other option would be to pull fuses for things like BCM, ABS, Air Bags, Radio, HVAC etc so that the PCM is the ONLY thing on the data bus.
Old 04-28-2020 | 02:59 PM
FFS

Thanks for the replies.

It is in a vehicle and it runs. It's an LS swap with original harness.

I'm running Android 8.1.0, and OBDLink LX (LX101).

My process is;
Plug in ODBLink
Turn on key
Make sure devices pair

Launch LS Droid
Open the menu from the Home screen
Choose Read PCM
Choose 99-07 P01/P59 LS
Select the Bluetooth icon from the Read screen
Choose the ODBLink LX
The Read PCM menu (with Home, 99-07 P01/P59 LS etc... on it) shows again
I choose 99-07 P01/P59 LS again
Reading 99-07 V8 Pcm is displayed at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds and disappears
and nothing else happens.

And I just saw PeteS160 reply while I was typing this (thanks!);
Like I said above, this is an engine swap and everything you mentioned is not on the harness anymore.
But, I have no problem making a bench harness if you think that's the problem.
Old 04-28-2020 | 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FFS
this is an engine swap
The question would be.....is this a swap into something that was pre-computer controlled?
I've had people who take an LQ9 and put it in place of an LM7 and called it a "Swapped" vehicle.
Is this is something Pre LS based but that still was computer controlled......the 96-00 C/K(GMT400) comes to mind. While its a "Swap" for that vehicle there are still other modules present on the data bus that the LS pcm is now sharing.

If this "Swap" is in something that you know has nothing other then the PCM on the data bus then I would suggest you start by downloading the OBDlink app and trying to update your devices firmware. If it shows you have the most recent firmware....or maybe even a firmware newer then what the apps shows should be the "current" version then check the OBDlink site and see what they list as the most recent version of firmware for your device. If the firmware on your device is newer then what's listed on the website(or in the app) you will need to install the "Current" firmware version of your tool.

I've had probably half a dozen people this week with issues reading or writing that were due to a "bad" firmware version on the tool. OBDLink seems to be having a lot of issues with this lately and its been getting worse.
Old 04-28-2020 | 09:11 PM
FFS

Originally Posted by PeteS160
The question would be.....is this a swap into something that was pre-computer controlled?
No, the swap is into a 1956 Chevy.

I've had probably half a dozen people this week with issues reading or writing that were due to a "bad" firmware version on the tool. OBDLink seems to be having a lot of issues with this lately and its been getting worse.
I did update the firmware to the latest and still nothing.
Old 04-28-2020 | 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FFS
No, the swap is into a 1956 Chevy.

I did update the firmware to the latest and still nothing.
Have you tried the OBDLink app or even an app like Torq to see if it's even getting data from the PCM?
Old 04-29-2020 | 08:16 AM
FFS

Have you tried the OBDLink app or even an app like Torq to see if it's even getting data from the PCM?
I have - it connects fine with both Torque and ODBLink's app.

BUT, I did get it working!

Turns out, since I'm such a security phreak, I had turned off LS Droid's ability to Modify System Settings (it's always user-error, isn't it).
So, I guess the question now is, what System Settings is LS Droid modifying?

Thanks again for all you help.

PS: So... does anyone know where I can get an .XDF for a 2006 Denali PCM

Last edited by FFS; 04-29-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-29-2020 | 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FFS
So, I guess the question now is, what System Settings is LS Droid modifying?

Thanks again for all you help.
The permission it needs granted allows it to read and save files outside of the apps installed asset folder. In other words it lets it read and write files in the mass storage area. With out this permission the app would only be able to save or read files that are not accessible to the user and that wouldn't work out very well.

Originally Posted by FFS
PS: So... does anyone know where I can get an .XDF for a 2006 Denali PCM
99.99% chance you won't find one. The 2004 7603 OS is the only one that has an XDF. This OS is capable of pretty much anything you could want to do and has segments for every combination you can think of including flex fuel.The biggest thing in a swap application you will need to pay attention to is drive by wire stuff. Not all DBW systems can interchange, you need an OS that is designed to work with a given type of DBW setup.
Old 04-30-2020 | 09:06 AM
FFS

Great! Thanks.

I did a few searches for the 2004 7603 OS but could only come up with the FlexFuelEnabled one, which didn't look complete.
Do you have or know of a link where I can grab a copy of it?

Also - thanks for pointing out the DBW issue. I am having a problem with my current setup, which is the stock TAC and a different pedal, where it just stops working randomly (real fun on the highway) and I have to reset the codes to get it going again. I'm guessing it might be a connection issue, but knowing you can't just swap out random parts without the PCM knowing about it is a big plus.

Last edited by FFS; 05-02-2020 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-09-2020 | 09:58 AM
TECH Addict
10 Year Member

Can I flash my P01 ECU that has a custom 3 bar OS 1261002 back to a stock 02 LS1 tune file? It keeps giving me a PCM unlock fail. I already have the stock .bin file on my phone, but the OS doesn't match so it will not flash properly. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 06-09-2020 | 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a
Can I flash my P01 ECU that has a custom 3 bar OS 1261002 back to a stock 02 LS1 tune file? It keeps giving me a PCM unlock fail. I already have the stock .bin file on my phone, but the OS doesn't match so it will not flash properly. Any tips would be appreciated.
The PCM is most likely tuner locked or that COS has changed the PCM to a non factory seed/key combo. If you look up tuner lock bypass on YouTube I have a video showing how to bypass the unlock on the PCM where it will allow you to re-flash the PCM. You will need to use a bench harness unless this is a swap application and there are no other modules on the data bus. I would strongly suggest you read your PCM before you flash over the OS, the tuner lock bypass method works for reading and write the PCM and is done the same way for both.

To change the seed/key back to a factory combo so it unlocks correctly you will need to flash the PCM as a full flash (aka Clone), this will put a stock seed/key combo back in but it will also change the vin/serial number in the PCM. There are a couple of ways you can go about keeping your existing vin/serial in the pcm but it's not exactly straight forward and it's also dependent on the OS you currently have and the OS you want to use. The alternative is using my Vin/Serial app and manually entering the vin and serial back into the PCM after you've changed the OS. If your not using this in a swap application you should make sure to use a file that is from a similar type of vehicle and if your not disabling the VATS in the pcm be prepared to do a VATS relearn. It takes around 30 mins to relearn and you will need a battery charger to do it.
Old 07-04-2020 | 03:29 PM

This is not currently available for download. I've sent out a couple copies of the app to people who have been using my Vin/Serial app for some time now and are people I have worked with trouble shooting issues with various pcm's or compatibility of my app with their phone who I felt would be capable and willing to help debug any issues they may run into while testing out the app.

Truckdoug happens to be one of those people and has been using my Vin/Serial app for about 6 months. He has kept in touch with me by email and has been active in this thread as well as me thread regarding the pcm hammer.

There are a couple of other members here I have sent the app to as well but I have not heard anything back from them just yet. I know at least a one of them will want to remain anonymous for business reasons and I respect that

Can I please get the app. I'm a self taught mechanic I've been building my car and need to flash my pcm I have the obd link sx and want to learn and do it on my own please.
Old 07-26-2020 | 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick Hernandez
Can I please get the app. I'm a self taught mechanic I've been building my car and need to flash my pcm I have the obd link sx and want to learn and do it on my own please.
Ls Droid has been avaible for download for over a year now and has a rather active Facebook group with around 1500 members as well.

https://ls-droid.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LsDroid/
Old 08-27-2020 | 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default LS Droid retrieving saved Bin files from Kindle fire

Pete,
I just got my Kindle Fire Tablet, hooked up my bench harness, ObdLink MX, I was successful in reading/saving my Pcm info. (12200411)
I’m trying to find my saved Bin files in my kindle, so I can transfer to my laptop to edit in tunerpro. Any Ideas where I should look, or how do I retrieve these files?

I have the USB charging cord that came with the kindle, do I plug that into my laptop and search for the files that way?
thanks!
Ben Smith
Benjamin.L.Smith@hotmail.com
Old 08-27-2020 | 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

On my Android phone, my stored BIN files are in the root directory of the "Internal Storage" folder area and they all have the *.BIN file naming convention. Hopefully, your Kindle will be the same.

Rick
Old 08-27-2020 | 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you! I found them!
Ben Smith
Old 08-28-2020 | 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Default Uploading modified .bins to my Kindle Fire HD10

Hey all! I'm getting settled into this " LS Droid " tuning method, I now know how to access the bins from my 'LS Droid" files, but I am having issues trying to upload my modified .bin to my Kindle Fire. HD10 where I need to place the files into LS Droid. Anyone know how to transfer a file attachment from an email on the kindle directly to the internal storage of the kindle?
I am stuck until I can get pa​st this step .
When I opened the email I attached the file to, I get an error message saying I cannot open this file on kindle.

Thanks in advance!
Ben Smith

Quick Reply: Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)