PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New injectors = very odd behavior .. what gives?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New injectors = very odd behavior .. what gives?

Figured I'd throw this out there while I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what is going on. So I decided to upgrade the wife's car with a set of ID1050x's so we can get her on the corn. For a little background, the setup is:

415ci LS3
TFS 821's
Racetronix intake kit w/ hotwire setup
stock LS3 42# injectors

Now the car runs just fine, idle/cruise etc.. So I went ahead and dropped in the new ID's, changed the injector info with what is supplied and fired it up. Car idles well although for whatever reason it consistently wants to idle leaner than commanded (i.e. EQ commanded is 1.0, car is idling at 1.05-1.08 with STFT running in the negative rather than adding as they should be). Here is the really nutty stuff. So I go ahead and start driving the car to start logging trims so I can clean it up, but the car basically refuses to accelerate upon throttle tip in. Now I don't mean it's a momentary lean "blip" like you might see with a transient fuel issue, I mean it goes dead lean for a good 1-2 seconds before finally giving some fuel back and driving on. I played with the transients to a small extent, however the changes I'm making seem to be way beyond a reasonable amount, I also looked at the values on another tune (stock vs. 42# for example) and again I find the transients don't swing wildly in either direction, so I'm left scratching my head here wondering what I'm missing. I should also point out, if I disable CL, the issue is almost non existent. There is a very momentary lean blip between shifts which I would attribute to transient fueling, however it is also nearly unnoticed from the drivers seat so it's a very different condition. Anyone had these kinds of issues when switching injectors with good data? Curious to hear the feedback, thanks!

Quick Reply: New injectors = very odd behavior .. what gives?