PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Prom?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018 | 04:06 PM

Default Prom?

1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 liter 2 wheel drive 190,000 miles bought at 186,000.. when i purchased it had a bad miss. i installed a complete distriiuter it ran fine. 6 weeks later the trans did not down shift. i put it into low and took off . put the shifter into over drive and it never went into ov.drive. i got auto zone to scan it. error codes P1345 camshaft position correlation malfunction, PO758 A/T 2-3 shift solenoid malfunction, PO1412 HO2S-12 (bank 1 Sensor 2) Heater circuit malfunction.. i removed transmission pan there was no metal inside the fluid smelled good. i replaced all shift solenoids and removed valve body and done some corrections. still the same i guess limp mode. still put out the same error codes. ten miles later it died . had it towed . sounded like jumped time took Dist cap off and it was shorted out looked like it was not firing correctly after replacing the cap[ the battery was dead. my friiend who has rebuilt trans all his life told me it was an electrical issue and he did not have the computer figure it out.. took it to shop with on board scanner we drove it through several checks. he was able to manually shift through the gears and into overdrive with his comp.. told me to bring it and leave it with him so i left and one mile down the road it quit pulling all at once, no slipping at all.. trans fl$uid was way up on the stick.. the trans was taken out and it was really messed up bearings, bushing pump and all the hard stuff was to far gone.. the transmisdsion was completey reworked every thing was repaired inside.. we tested it and the same problem and same error codes... they replaced throttle sensor, neutral switch i told them stop replacing stuff i did sdome research and figured it could be a ground . put new ground stap .. still the same.. so if figured PCM .. the blue plug the goes to the trans appeared to may have gotten warm . the colors onf the wires comimg out showed signs. took top off PCM and it appeared to have melted the part inside that went to the blue plug which is to the trans... well here is the deal i sent my pcm toNation wide parts dist. &Modual Experts.. i was not sure of them espeacialy since i paid on really a verbal agreement for my unit to be repasired and a dignosis of what could be the problem 179 plus i sent my unit to them . they called and said my unit was fried and it will cost another $198. ifeel shafted because that was not inthe agreement we made.. they have got my old pcm and i sent the PROM with the pcm.. i called told them send my old comp he tripped so you dont want a the new comp plug and play ready to go for my vehicle.. that was the same thing he said when i first made the deal.. so i am now stuck .. they told me they will send my old pcm and only refund $75. i asked if it can be shipped overnight to me and no it wwill take up to 5 bussioness days for them to gert one from somewhere.. i dont trust them at all but he has got my pcm and my prom that goes in my comp.. what do i do.. can i get another pcm and another prom.. HELP PLEASE

Last edited by chuckborden49; 02-17-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: I had to register first
Old 02-17-2018 | 04:10 PM
Teching In

What exactly are you asking for? A stock tune file?
I think these years used the black box ecus and could be programmed rather then using proms.
Old 02-18-2018 | 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Default Memcal SF-512

Hi Check, I manufacture Memcals using a SF-512 sold for $65.00.

I have bin files, use Tuner Pro.

I know these are used in the GM OBD-I PCM, yours should be the newer OBD-II
PCM ?

Lance