PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inexpensive Opensource Flashing(Read is 100% working)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
Nice, thanks for posting that.

In other news, a user on pcmhacking.net reported a problem trying to flash a P59 with an Intel 1mb chip. That doesn't work yet. No real harm done, but he had to use LS Droid to fix it. I'm hoping to get that fixed in the next day or two. For now though, anyone with a P59 should confirm that it has an AMD flash chip before trying to write to it using PCM Hammer.
Just to be clear:
Intel 512kb chips work for reading and writing.
AMD 1mb chips work for reading and writing.
Intel 1mb chips work for reading, but not for writing.
NSFW,
Just wondering if the P59 Intel 1mb is still under No Writing status? I have one from an 03 Express van. I had a few read fails, but just ran PCMHammer under Admin mode and it read perfectly in about 26 minutes.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts

The latest version can write to the calibration block for any P59 (Intel or AMD), but we can't do full writes yet. I'm sure we'll get full writes working, I just don't know how long it will take.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteS160
Thanks for posting this. I'm newly interested in this and I've been searching this thread, and the internet for a week now gathering info. This link provided the final piece of the puzzle for me.
This thread has been going on so long, and so much progress has been made on it, so it's tempting to jump in here and ask a bunch of questions that have already been answered. I hate it when someone else does that, so I avoid it at all cost.
I downloaded ls-droid on a couple of devices, bought an MX adapter, pulled a BIN on my LS Swapped C10, 6.0/4L80E, DBC, installed TunerPro and started playing. It was a mess getting it all figured out. The XDF overlays had me hung up for a while until I learned that the files were not available for most OSs.
Now I just learned that the readily available 1MB bin file supports both throttle cable and DBW, as long as you have the correct processor to support the IAC drivers. Now I think I'm ready to pick up a PCM and give it a go. I'm sure I'll find out that there's a ton more for me to learn once I drop that PCM/tune in my truck.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed here. This is an enormous project, and I understand how much work has gone into it.
Joe
The following users liked this post:
NSFW (02-09-2020)
Old 03-07-2020, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoeRJr
Thanks for posting this. I'm newly interested in this and I've been searching this thread, and the internet for a week now gathering info. This link provided the final piece of the puzzle for me.
This thread has been going on so long, and so much progress has been made on it, so it's tempting to jump in here and ask a bunch of questions that have already been answered. I hate it when someone else does that, so I avoid it at all cost.
I downloaded ls-droid on a couple of devices, bought an MX adapter, pulled a BIN on my LS Swapped C10, 6.0/4L80E, DBC, installed TunerPro and started playing. It was a mess getting it all figured out. The XDF overlays had me hung up for a while until I learned that the files were not available for most OSs.
Now I just learned that the readily available 1MB bin file supports both throttle cable and DBW, as long as you have the correct processor to support the IAC drivers. Now I think I'm ready to pick up a PCM and give it a go. I'm sure I'll find out that there's a ton more for me to learn once I drop that PCM/tune in my truck.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed here. This is an enormous project, and I understand how much work has gone into it.
Joe
so the 603.xdf support both dbw and dbc???

Last edited by jz2518; 03-15-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry about being away for so long, life kind of got in the way.. Motor died in my pickup, wrote off the wife's GP doing a 360 on black ice over a center median.. So other things came to the fore burner, like getting the wife's other car on the road and getting another set of wheels that I could put the 5.3L into later on(no, I never had a chance before the motor died).. So now I have a 97 Chevy Tahoe
Old 03-17-2020, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

It's been a long road with plenty of bumps along the way but I'm pleased to announce that 2 versions of the OBDX Pro VT's are now IN STOCK ! ! !

USB+ Bluetooth in the clear case
&
USB ONLY in the Black case

Both of these are IN STOCK in the US and ready to ship! ! !

We ended up overshooting the target price point we had been aiming for and a lot of that has to do with the number of PCB's were dealing with. It's pretty hard to get any kind of "deal" when your working with small quantities and have brought automated PCB assembly into the mix. Don't get me wrong, there is still hand assembly that has to be done on each PCB so for myself and Envyous Customs this isn't just ordering something that's ready to ship and the time they do take to assemble, program and test adds up pretty quick so it's not like dealing with larger quantities would make things any better. However depending on how much interest there are in these..... there are a few steps we can take to further improve availability and lower the cost on them but for now I'm just happy to finally have these avaible for people.

The following 4 users liked this post by PeteS160:
bubba2533 (03-18-2020), Minionsram (03-27-2020), NSFW (03-18-2020), Thorwon (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

Congratulations, Pete! But I think people would appreciate a link to your web shop.

EDIT: I just realized that he's not a sponsor here, so he can't post a link.
I'll put a link on the "Supported Devices" page in wiki at pcmhammer.org but y'all can just google OBDX Pro too.

This is the device that I will be recommending from now on to anyone who is using (or wants to use) PCM Hammer. Other devices will still be supported, but this one is as fast as it gets, and it's among the least expensive. (The ScanTool SX is the only option that costs less, and it is painfully slow.)

Last edited by NSFW; 03-18-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's been a long road with plenty of bumps along the way but I'm pleased to announce that 2 versions of the OBDX Pro VT's are now IN STOCK ! ! !

USB+ Bluetooth in the clear case
&
USB ONLY in the Black case

Both of these are IN STOCK in the US and ready to ship! ! !

We ended up overshooting the target price point we had been aiming for and a lot of that has to do with the number of PCB's were dealing with. It's pretty hard to get any kind of "deal" when your working with small quantities and have brought automated PCB assembly into the mix. Don't get me wrong, there is still hand assembly that has to be done on each PCB so for myself and Envyous Customs this isn't just ordering something that's ready to ship and the time they do take to assemble, program and test adds up pretty quick so it's not like dealing with larger quantities would make things any better. However depending on how much interest there are in these..... there are a few steps we can take to further improve availability and lower the cost on them but for now I'm just happy to finally have these avaible for people.
I'm trying to order a clear case USB and BT and none in stock?
Old 03-18-2020, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stokes1114
I'm trying to order a clear case USB and BT and none in stock?
Same boat. My guess would be that he sold out that quick. Oh well. At least I had a VXDiag Nano show up today. I thought I was going to send it back for a minute.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by theno1prince
Same boat. My guess would be that he sold out that quick. Oh well. At least I had a VXDiag Nano show up today. I thought I was going to send it back for a minute.
Ya most likely. Sucks bc I had them in my cart before work but no time to order. Then few hours later gone. Hopefully he'll get more soon.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:18 PM
Teching In

He still has the USB in a black case...
Old 03-19-2020, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

@NSFW your right, I did forget the link lol. It was getting pretty late for me.

https://obdxpro.com/

Last edited by PeteS160; 03-19-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:14 PM
Teching In

@NSFW your right, I did forget the link lol. It was getting pretty late for me.

https://obdxpro.com/product/obdx-pro-vt/

@Stokes1114
@theno1prince

They did sell out and rather quickly...only took a couple of hours and I didn't post about them until after midnight EST time. There will be another dozen or so with USB & BT avaible end of the week that will be added to the website once I have them built and tested.

More boards are already on order, I was expecting the initial batch to sell out rather quickly but not in a matter of hours....I was expecting the stock to at least last a couple of days.

I expect the next large batch will be avaible in about 3 weeks assuming that shipping isn't affected by the virus.
Thanks for the update Pete.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Heads up for anyone getting an OBDX Pro for use with PCM Hammer: only use that combo for workbench flashing for now.

I had great results on my workbench, but my 2nd in-car reflash didn't go well and I had to pull the PCM and re-do it on my bench. The hardware is fine, but the app needs some tuning to work better with it. I hope to have a new release in a week or so to fix this.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Well I see you guys have finally made it, but I was late on ordering it. Ill keep checking in and hopefully get on the next batch
Old 04-16-2020, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

So, is it possible to install an 04 GTO OS-xdf into the 99-02 pcm, and be able to tune it with HP Tuners? Looking for the Lean Cruise function, not sure if it's possible with the dbw vs dbc setups.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
So, is it possible to install an 04 GTO OS-xdf into the 99-02 pcm, and be able to tune it with HP Tuners? Looking for the Lean Cruise function, not sure if it's possible with the dbw vs dbc setups.

Thanks.
The only vehicle that didn't switch to the P59 in 03 was the Corvette and its the exception. Everything else from 2003 and up is going to be a P59 and the files is not compatible with the 99-02 P01.
The following users liked this post:
NSFW (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I also have a pcm from an 04 van with the factory dbc setup, could that work?

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
Ok, I also have a pcm from an 04 van with the factory dbc setup, could that work?

Thanks.
Now I'm not really sure what your asking.....

Sure, you can put a 2004 GTO OS on the express van pcm.

In regards to the OS/XDF and then tuning with Hp Tuners.....pick one or the other. It's impossible to predict what a program like Hp Tuners is going to do when you use a file that's been altered with another program like Tuner Pro.You'd have made changes that Hp Tuners doesn't offer support for and if you attempted to flash a PCM from Hp Tuners its very likely the changes that were made in Tuner Pro would not be written to the PCM or the changes may only be partially written. The only way you would be able to know for sure that changes you made were written correctly would be by flashing the PCM with something like PCM Hammer or Ls Droid where they are writing the entire block and not just picking sections of the block to write. But that's not really possible since HPT doesn't save files in a bin format and you can't convert HPT files into bin files.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'm probably said things incorrectly. What the latest idea I have, is taking the 04 GTO OS, with the lean cruise function, and install in onto to the 04 express pcm, with the factory dbc setup, and tune it with HP Tuners only, since they are both P59 pcms. It's hard for me to keep all this straight for some reason.
Just to clarify, the xdf is only for TunerPro?

Now for a follow up note, for any one who cares, I'm getting ready to test fire my year 2000, P01pcm, , flashed with a matching OS/.XDF file from where I don't remember, and tuned with TunerPro, all I did was turn off Vats. I have finished most of the wiring for it to run, tested the coils and injectors, they seem to be functioning correctly, so I'm hoping to start it this weekend on the engine stand, just to see if it runs.

Thank you.

Stampede.

Quick Reply: Inexpensive Opensource Flashing(Read is 100% working)