PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inexpensive Opensource Flashing(Read is 100% working)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 196 Likes on 157 Posts

In the Parameter Tree view of Tuner Pro RT, "VATS" is very near the top. The attachment is for an 8322 OS but if you used a 12212156 XDF to edit a 12212156 OS, you should see the VATS entry in the same location.

Rick

Old 09-01-2020, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I download 2088 bin, and xdf, it shows vats, and other categories that the 2156 did not show.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hello Pete,

I recently updated the firmware in my OBDLink MX+ which I believe is why I can no longer use LS Droid. Your app makes the MX+ blink one time trying to connect and then stops reacting. My other OBD2 apps continue to work with the MX+. Have you heard anything about firmware problems?

Many thanks,

Rick
Old 12-16-2020, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I have a 2016 silverado 2500 with the 6.0 l96
I'm curious if it is possible to read the pcm using obdlink mx+. I'm slowly going thru this forum but I don't see a way to search typically I use tapatalk
I have tried lsdroid that seems to only work with older engines.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hello,

You are correct that LS Droid and PCM Hammer only currently work on P01 and P59 PCM devices from about 1999 to 2007. Work progresses on other newer PCM's but nothing to firmly report for those devices.

Rick
Old 02-27-2021, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hello,

Check your Windows Device Manager to see if the Pro actually got assigned to COM 3. If not, pick whatever Com port the Pro did get assigned to.

After that, maybe too many other modules on the bus are interfering with PCM Hammer??? I'm almost completely a tuner here with the PCM out of the vehicle on the bench with dependable 13.8 VDC electrical power at three amps available.

Rick
Old 02-27-2021, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by B52bombardier1
Hello,

Check your Windows Device Manager to see if the Pro actually got assigned to COM 3. If not, pick whatever Com port the Pro did get assigned to.

After that, maybe too many other modules on the bus are interfering with PCM Hammer??? I'm almost completely a tuner here with the PCM out of the vehicle on the bench with dependable 13.8 VDC electrical power at three amps available.

Rick
Thanks, I'll try that. I realized I should have posted the problem on pcmhacking.net, so I deleted my post on here.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteS160
In my opinion money can NOT be involved if this is going to happen. It only takes one dollar to start the corporation that leads to corporate greed. There is a time and place for things like Kickstarter but this isn't one of those things. The only thing that might become useful would be donation's of inexpensive hardware IF this was ported from a DIY interface to something that you could just go online and buy. A great deal of research has gone into searching out "Cheap" solutions but to date nothing has been found that would work "Out of the box" with out some modifications and trust me you would much rather build a simple circuit then try and start adding or changing surface mount components on a cloned VCI cable. There's a good chance at least one type of cable out there would work.....it's just a matter of sifting thought so many poor quality clones that are either incomplete or are loaded with malware in the device drivers needed for such a cable to work. Where not to the point that any of this matters yet, once were there it could be something we look into further but for the time we are sticking with the current design.

What would help things.... tell your friends, share what we're doing, spread the good word.The more interest and "hype" there is surrounding all of this the less likely it is to fail.
Im just curious ,why do the cloned devices have malware?
Old 12-12-2021, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 133 Likes on 101 Posts

It's kind of the other way around, really. Why do malware dirtbags like device drivers? And the answer is that device drivers run with administrator privileges, so they can do anything - record keystrokes, reconfigure your firewall, connect to malware servers across the internet, etc.

I'm not aware of any confirmed reports of malware in OBD2 / J2534 drivers, but installing drivers from a random company based in China would make me nervous. That said, plenty of people have said that the VCX Nano works well, and nobody has reported any malware problems as far as I know.
Old 12-18-2021, 03:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 478 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
It's kind of the other way around, really. Why do malware dirtbags like device drivers? And the answer is that device drivers run with administrator privileges, so they can do anything - record keystrokes, reconfigure your firewall, connect to malware servers across the internet, etc.

I'm not aware of any confirmed reports of malware in OBD2 / J2534 drivers, but installing drivers from a random company based in China would make me nervous. That said, plenty of people have said that the VCX Nano works well, and nobody has reported any malware problems as far as I know.
I have to download some sketchy **** on the regular. I use this "burner" laptop to do it. I had to do a full rewipe just 2 days ago because of some really shady cellphone software. Just do things the safe way, and all you have to worry about is a bit of time lost if something is not what it seems. Just NEVER do any questionable downloading on the same computer that you bank with!
The following 3 users liked this post by gametech:
Full Power (09-27-2022), G Atsma (12-18-2021), NSFW (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 133 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
I have to download some sketchy **** on the regular. I use this "burner" laptop to do it. I had to do a full rewipe just 2 days ago because of some really shady cellphone software. Just do things the safe way, and all you have to worry about is a bit of time lost if something is not what it seems. Just NEVER do any questionable downloading on the same computer that you bank with!
Speaking of banking... When I get a new laptop, my old laptop gets wiped and becomes my banking computer. And by "banking computer" I mean that it gets used for banking and nothing else. I highly recommend this approach.

I still have a super old formerly-banking computer that was going to get recycled (already wiped/reinstalled), but you just gave me an idea. I'm gonna play around with some dubious ****.
Old 12-19-2021, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW

i have the vcx nano, it connects to acdelco site and i have flashed a number of different bcms and pcms, it works flawless as a pass thru. i havent got gds to work only tech2
Old 12-20-2021, 05:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hello,

If I use PC Matic as my anti-virus / anti-malware tool, it detects the GDS application that the VCX Nano seems to require as hostile and quarantines / deletes it. Windows Defender doesn't seem to care. I think I will try running my Nano without GDS and see what happens.

Rick
Old 09-24-2022, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Can anyone tell me if my J2534 cable should work? I have 2002 Corvette that I'm trying to make some changes and when I try to read it I get vin query failed. I've set it to J2534 device with Device Type set to Xhorse - MVCI.

Old 04-19-2023, 10:25 PM

Default GM Seedkey

Originally Posted by josh16jones
I'm not sure if these are of any help or use but I saw them on a facebook page and wanted to pass them along. Anything to help see this this come to life!! you guys are doing an awesome job!
Ty the checksum worked right away but the GM Seed key requires a password. Any chance you know what it is? Would truly help me out. I know it's not a ls1 but I'm currently working on teaching myself to reprogram/ flash my 2002 Chevrolet Impala 3800 Series 2 due to no start/ no crank. I've literally tried everything bypasses, resets, new parts, eeprom, all except programming. I apologize for the book. It's just been 1 frustration after the next.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Trying to see if I can read the my uncles 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe with the same tool I've used on my 02 Vette and I can't seem to read it. I'm using PCMHammer but it seems to fail to find anything. Also I was able to tune my Vette properly, at least without a wideband yet. Here is where I got all the help tuning it with free software, which I want to replicate for my uncles Tahoe. More power and better MPG amiright?
Old 09-11-2023, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ADX File for logging with Obdlink sx in TunerPro

Originally Posted by PeteS160
Your question cost me a lot of sleep for the last 2 nights.....but I've got refresh rate data now and it's using the Obdlink SX

I wrote a mock ADX for Tuner Pro using the extended command set on the OBD Link...meaning this does NOT reflect what the Allpro would be capable of.
P01 capped out at 65hz refresh rate and the P59 capped out at 80hz with both reading 18 bytes of data....it was reading 14 data pids. I should note that this was loading down an overclocked i7 pretty good to pull those kinds of numbers so I backed it down a bit and actually lost very little speed.

Now to put this in number that mean something to you, with out pushing anything super hard I can read 18 bytes(14 pids) of data in 75ms, Slowing it down to levels a halfway decent laptop should have no trouble handling slows it down to 18 bytes(14 pids) in 130ms. And just in case you have a potato for a computer that'll slow it down to around 18 bytes(14 pids) every 200ms.

So middle of the road figures mean its running about 7 fps per pid. If you want more speed get a better computer and you can boost that to over 13 fps. If you throw desk top cpu power at it your going to max the PCM out around 15 FPS. At that point your requesting data faster then the PCM is able to process the request and send a response.

Now if you cut the number of pids down your requesting you can increase the FPS a good bit further but your also going to be limited to just a couple of pids so unless you were trying to track down something super spiky there's no reason to.

I'm pretty happy with the Obdlink Sx overall here, it took some creative thinking and a bunch of trail and error to get dpid to run at this speed but the fact I was able to max out the PCM's transceiver/processor with a $30 tool just goes to show how old these pcm's really are.

Hi, I was wondering if you could provide the adx file you compiled for logging using the Obdlink with TunerPro?
The following users liked this post:
Dukenukemx (09-11-2023)

Quick Reply: Inexpensive Opensource Flashing(Read is 100% working)