PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

HPTuners Real time tuning wideband disappearing

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018 | 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

Default HPTuners Real time tuning wideband disappearing

Hey guys,

I just started using my real time tuning on my HPTuners and when I try to use it my wideband disappears from logging. I have it hooked in through my mpvi pro. If I plug it in with the usb it works fine but I find it to not be as accurate. Anyone else had this problem and a solution? My searching has turned up nothing so far even on the hpt forum. I guess technically I don't need it as long as the usb works but I'd prefer to just use it through the mpvi pro.
Old 04-21-2018 | 12:10 PM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

I will have a wideband here in the next few days. I'll give a try and see if I have the same issue. I gotta weld a bung into the exhaust and all that so it might be alittle while
Old 04-23-2018 | 01:14 PM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member

Using, or should I say, TRYING to use, RTT and my AEM wideband does the same thing...either won't show up on the log at all, OR...locks up at some random AFR...

It does not, nor has it ever, had any issues reading on a regular datalog...either via the laptop, or using the dongle.

If you get an answer from HPTuners website, please share. I get replies to about 5% of any questions I have ever posted on the HPTuners site...
Old 04-24-2018 | 08:53 AM
Teching In

disappearing how? It seems the latest update has been acting up for me. If I disconnect and reconnect or re-add the sensor all is well again.
Old 04-24-2018 | 09:30 AM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by black&blu
disappearing how? It seems the latest update has been acting up for me. If I disconnect and reconnect or re-add the sensor all is well again.
Speaking only for myself...
Disappearing, as in not visible on the Channels list. The wideband sensor info is there, ( MPVI.1 -> AEM-4110 ), but no AFR reading whatsoever...or, sometimes the AFR reading locks up, on a random afr reading.

Mine did this with the last update, and still does it, seems to be more often, with the latest update I did, a few days ago...

If I turn the scanner OFF, then turn it back ON, it will usually correct itself, but I never know when/if it will disappear, or lock up, again...it sucks.

We shouldn't have to trick the sensors into reading, or working, properly.

Like I said, with mine, it has never, ever disappeared, or locked up if not trying to use the RTT function. Kinda hard to use the RTT to tune AFR, if the AFR sensor isn't working.
Old 04-24-2018 | 09:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rel3rd
Disappearing, as in not visible on the Channels list. The wideband sensor info is there, ( MPVI.1 -> AEM-4110 ), but no AFR reading whatsoever...or, sometimes the AFR reading locks up, on a random afr reading.

Mine did this with the last update, and still does it, seems to be more often, with the latest update I did, a few days ago...

If I turn the scanner OFF, then turn it back ON, it will usually correct itself, but I never know when/if it will disappear, or lock up, again...it sucks.

Like I said, with mine, it has never, ever disappeared, or locked up if not trying to use the RTT function. Kinda hard to use the RTT to tune AFR, if the AFR sensor isn't working.

Funny as I fought the same thing last night on cylinder airmass. Nothing was showing for it at all. Finally removed and re-added the channel and all was well. Called Mike @ Tuning school and he said the same thing has happened to him.
Old 04-25-2018 | 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

This is exactly what mine does. I have an innovate lc-2. It works great but as soon as I try to use the RTT it just locks up or the display disappears. Play a log file back and nothing is there. Exit the program and open it back up and it comes back. It's really just an issue with RTT. However if I plug in with my usb cable it doesn't disappear but it just doesn't seem as accurate to me. I just got HPT in October so I haven't had it long enough to know if its been a glitch for a while or if its from some update. Glad I'm not the only one that's had an issue. Was just hoping someone had more insight on it. I can't find a thing on the HPT forum. Guess I'll shoot them a message.
Old 04-25-2018 | 08:37 AM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SwapStang
This is exactly what mine does. I have an innovate lc-2. It works great but as soon as I try to use the RTT it just locks up or the display disappears. Play a log file back and nothing is there. Exit the program and open it back up and it comes back. It's really just an issue with RTT. However if I plug in with my usb cable it doesn't disappear but it just doesn't seem as accurate to me. I just got HPT in October so I haven't had it long enough to know if its been a glitch for a while or if its from some update. Glad I'm not the only one that's had an issue. Was just hoping someone had more insight on it. I can't find a thing on the HPT forum. Guess I'll shoot them a message.
If you get any answers, please post back. I pretty much gave up on them for any info...Years ago, you'd have a bunch of people trying to help out...Now, you're lucky if you get a single reply....which sucks.
Old 04-25-2018 | 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

If you get any answers, please post back. I pretty much gave up on them for any info...Years ago, you'd have a bunch of people trying to help out...Now, you're lucky if you get a single reply....which sucks.

I'll definitely let you know how I make out. And I got that same feeling about actually getting a reply! haha I can only hope for the best.