PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making improvements, tune info appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Making improvements, tune info appreciated.

Hey guys, as always I've been provided some great advice In here so I have a few questions regarding a buddys truck I'm trying to sort out. Ill try to keep is short and sweet since there's a but of questions I have. *Truck is more of a big show boat so max power over 5k hits will be few and far between bc its just massive.

Base: The truck is an 03 Silverado straight axled on 38'' tires. This truck is lifted idk how high but the rocker sill is at my chest and I'm 5'9''. Truck has a forged 370, 243s (11:8:1) BTR stage 3 truck camshaft with Longtubes and true dual exhaust. Motor has Delphi 50lb injectors and otherwise stock fuel system. 0411 ecu. 4l80 trans, stock convertor, stock rear 3.73 gear. Truck needs way more gear to get it up to speed, also being straight axled its all over the road driving but I'm told that's normal. Trying to get good data is pretty damn hard bc the truck just doesn't drive like a normal one.
Il
So far ive done MAF tuning along with the usual PE mods and Tq management.I left the stock VE table alone bc after trying to tune the VE table before the table was just a mess; so we went MAF only tune this time.

The truck seems to run pretty well until we give it the hammer then it just hits a wall and stays pretty much stoic on the wideband. Any help with the tune is greatly appreciated. see attached. The truck is still in closed loop but I'm curious if I should leave it in Open Loop Blended mode to see if it helps with the fuel trims. They still might seem a bit high but before this tune they were 22-25 constantly so this tune is quite the improvement. Also does anyone think we should take the 50lb injectors out and go to stock?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
MightyWhitey-MAFonlytune2.hpl (815.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-29-2018, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Whats the story on the cam? My guess would be your going to have to force it into open loop and tune the VE.

In my experience the VE needs to be lowered off idle, then somewhere in the middle it crosses a stock setting, and then up top it will need to be added to.

I would get all that squared away, and then see what you can do with timing. With that compression, its going to have to have 91/93 all the time. It would probably benefit from at least a 255 pump. I would think with those injectors and a stock pump, its probably going to struggle. I am just guessing on that, but obviously you can/will find out as you tune it if your data logging properly.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

y̶o̶u̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶V̶E̶ ̶d̶i̶a̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶P̶E̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶c̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶

sorry, reading fail. MAF only tune. my bad

Last edited by truckdoug; 04-30-2018 at 10:27 AM. Reason: totally wrong
Old 04-30-2018, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

when is PE enabled, at what throttle percentage and RPM? I don't have my laptop in front of me to download and view the file.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Serioussn95
Hey guys, as always I've been provided some great advice In here so I have a few questions regarding a buddys truck I'm trying to sort out. Ill try to keep is short and sweet since there's a but of questions I have. *Truck is more of a big show boat so max power over 5k hits will be few and far between bc its just massive.

Base: The truck is an 03 Silverado straight axled on 38'' tires. This truck is lifted idk how high but the rocker sill is at my chest and I'm 5'9''. Truck has a forged 370, 243s (11:8:1) BTR stage 3 truck camshaft with Longtubes and true dual exhaust. Motor has Delphi 50lb injectors and otherwise stock fuel system. 0411 ecu. 4l80 trans, stock convertor, stock rear 3.73 gear. Truck needs way more gear to get it up to speed, also being straight axled its all over the road driving but I'm told that's normal. Trying to get good data is pretty damn hard bc the truck just doesn't drive like a normal one.
Il
So far ive done MAF tuning along with the usual PE mods and Tq management.I left the stock VE table alone bc after trying to tune the VE table before the table was just a mess; so we went MAF only tune this time.

The truck seems to run pretty well until we give it the hammer then it just hits a wall and stays pretty much stoic on the wideband. Any help with the tune is greatly appreciated. see attached. The truck is still in closed loop but I'm curious if I should leave it in Open Loop Blended mode to see if it helps with the fuel trims. They still might seem a bit high but before this tune they were 22-25 constantly so this tune is quite the improvement. Also does anyone think we should take the 50lb injectors out and go to stock?
your log from what I see shows a max of 52% throttle when your MAP is 85-100KPA or engine is under considerable load. your PE enable TPS is set at 60% therefor it wont command PE data witch you have set at 1.2 or 11.7AFR

your IFR table is set up for a vacuum referenced reg too.

set your IFR table back to stock and multiply the whole table populated with stock values by 1.02 until the 0KPA colum says 50. that alone will add fuel compensation with load. less tuning for you on MAF or VE values.

your wideband is showing mad lean under load. commanding 14.6 but actual 17-18.. no wonder it feels flat.

your MAF table would suggest youre trying to add fuel agressivley from 7000hz up. try using the VE also.

try initial values for PE enable TPS of 0-1600 rpm 60%. 2000-2800rpm 32% 3200-3600rpm 30% 4000-4800rpm 25% 4800rpm up 12% and then smooth that out a little

attached is a file from a much lighter car than yours. its pretty average calibration but it will contain PE TPS values and PE commanded EQ ratios close
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
base post drive.hpt (455.8 KB, 30 views)