Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help logging or seeing commanded WOT shifts

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help logging or seeing commanded WOT shifts

Trying to figure out a shift issue...shift points will not respond to changes in tune.
hoping someone can get me lined out on being able to log or see in the HPT scanner when the WOT shift is commanded...
I have lowered mph values in both part throttle and WOT tables and brought the rpm values down and has had zero affect on the actual shift...
The shift itself seems quick and firm and it doesn't hit the limiter
Old 04-24-2018, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

the params i would log are transmission>shift pressure>force motor desired & force motor actual

also i'd look at transmission>shift time>shift time error as well as delivered trans torque.

i'd probably log trans slip % and temperature too to verify the trans is not damaged

i will say again although you are probably sick of hearing it, i've had zero success modifying the wot params on their own. i tried zeroing the rpm and going by mph and vice versa. i tried everything under the sun. it really needs to be done all at once, the speeds/pressures/clutch slip times etc... there is a PID controller in the pcm that uses all that and spits out what actually happens. hence the usefulness of the bluecat tool.

did you download the bluecat trans tuner and feed the exported data back into hp tuners?
Old 04-24-2018, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have downloaded the blue Cat tuning but haven't had time to get into it

I've logged temp which looks good..hottest its got is 20 degrees less than ect and delivered torque.
how do you log trans slip?